Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||University of Shizuoka|
YANAGIHARA Yasutake University of Shizuoka, Professor, 薬学部, 教授 (30046255)
BERGSTROM Sven a University of Umea, Sweden, ウメーオ大学・医学部, 教授
SIMON M.M. ドイツ, マックス・ブランク研究所, 教授
BARANTON Guy Pasteur Institute, France, パスツール研究所, 教授
KORENBERG E. ロシア, ガマレーヤ研究所, 教授
JOHNSON R.C. アメリカ, ミネソタ大学・医学部, 教授
NAKAO Minoru Asahikawa Medical College, 医学部, 助手 (70155670)
MIYAMOTO Kenji Asahikawa Medical College, 医学部, 助教授 (30091581)
FUKUNAGA Masahito Fukuyama University, 薬学部, 教授 (20132483)
MASUZAWA Toshiyuki University of Shizuoka, 薬学部, 助手 (10181645)
SIMON Markus m Max-Planck Institute, Germany
KORENBERG Edward i Gamaleya Institute, Russia
JOHNSON Russell c University of Minnesota, U.S.A.
S.A. Bergstr スェーデン, ウメーオ大学・医学部, 教授
M.M. Simon ドイツ, マックス・プランク研究所, 教授
G. Baranton フランス, パスツール研究所, 教授
E.I. Korenbe ロシア, ガマレーヤ研究所, 教授
R.C. Johnson アメリカ, ミネソタ大学・医学部, 教授
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥3,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,300,000)
|Keywords||Lyme disease / Genetic analysis / OspA serotype / Transmission route / B.burgdorferi / B.gariniiii / B.afzelii / B.japonica / Ixodes ticks / Osp C / 病原性|
1) Genomic DNAs of Lyme disease (LD) borreliae were digested with EcoRV of Hinc II and hybridized with probes specific for 23S rRNA genes and borreliae were classified into 10 types, I-X.
2) From base sequences of OspC protein and flagellin genes, ribotype II,and IV-VI of Japanese isolates were classified as B.garinii.
3) Main causative agents of Japanese LD were B.garinii and B.afzelii and main vector was I.Persulcatus. Main reservoir was Apodemus speciosus, and Clethrionomys rufocanus bedfordiae and migrating birds, Turdus chrysolaus and Emberiza spodocephala playd as reservoirs.
4) Japanese LD borreliae were classified into 11 OspA serotypes based on reactivities to anti-OspA monoclonal antibodies. European and American isolates were classifed into 7 OspA serotypes. Only 1 type were identical each other.
5) In Far East Russia, I.persulcatus harbored the organism at 26.6% (225/846). B.garinii and B.afzelii were isolated from ixodid ticks and rodents, genera Apodemus, Clethrionomys, Tamias, and Sorex, and their ratios were about 80% and 10%, respectively. No B.burgdorferi sensu stricto was found. Distribution pattern of Borrelia in Far East Russia was closely similar to that in Japan.
6) B.japonica isolated from I.ovatus caused arthritis in SCID,C3H/HeN and ddY mice with collaborative works with Dr.Simon.
7) Three borreliae isolated from I.tanuki, I.turdus and I.clumnae were suggested as new species, respectively.
8) Borrelia, having 38kDa flagellin and 1 set of 23/5S rRNA genes, from I.persulcatus was distantly close to relapsing fever agent and named as B.miyamotoi.
9) Meeting on the Cooperative Research was held in Ventura, U.S.A.on 22/23 Jan.1996 under the attendance of Drs.Johnson, Baranton, Simon, Wilske, Fukunaga, Masuzawa and Yanagihara and confirmed the success of this Joint Research.