Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Fukui University|
IDEHARA Toshitaka Faculty of Engineering, Fukui University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (80020197)
JAMES B.M School of Physics, University of Sydney, Assoc.Prof., Univ. of Sydney, Ass. Prof.
BRAND G.F School of Physics, University of Sydney, Lecturer, Univ. of Sydney, Lecturer
CROSS R.C School of Physics, University of Sydney, Assoc.Prof., Univ. of Sydney, Ass. Prof.
OGAWA I Faculty of Engineering, Fukui University, Assoc.Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (90214014)
立川 敏明 福井大学, 工学部, 助教授 (00020206)
TATSUKAWA T Faculty of Engineering, Fukui University, Assoc.Prof.
B.M James Univ. of Sydney, School of Physics, Senior Lec
G.F Brand Univ. of Sydney, School of Physics, Senior Lec
R.C Cross Univ. of Sydney, School of Physics, Assoc. Prof
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
|Keywords||Gyrotron / Submillimeter wave / Terahertz / Plasma scattering measurement / ESR / Millimeter wave / Superconducting magnet / Drift wave / サブミリ波帯 / ジョセフソン素子 / テラヘルツ光源 / 振幅変調 / 周波数切り替え / 長パルス動作|
In this project, we have developed frequency-tunable, medium power, submillimeter wave gyrotrons an applied them to submillimeter wave spectroscopy. In the process, the collaboration between Fukui University and University of Sydney playd an important and fundamental roles.
1) Ultra-high frequency operation of gyrotron by the second and the third harmonics Using 12T and 17T superconducting magnets, we developed high frequency gyrotrons whose frequencies are close to 1 Terahertz. We have achieved the highest frequency of 847 GHz. This frequency is the world record of high frequency operation of gyrotron.
2) cw operation of gyrotron
We have realized complete cw operation of the gyrotron and succeeded to achieve stabilities of amplitude and frequency of the gyrotron output, in order to apply the gyrotron to submillimeter wave spectroscopy as radiation source.
3) Amplitude and frequency modulations of the submillimeter wave gyrotron output
We have achived amplitude and frequency modulations of the gyrotron output for its application to wider fields.
4) Studies on mode competition and mode cooperation between the fundamental and the second harmonic operations
5) Development of quasi-optical transmission system for submillimeter wave gyrotrons outputs
6) Development of a high sensitive detector in a millimeter wave range using a high T_c superconductor
7) Plasma scattering measurement using a submillimeter wave gyrotron as a radiation source
We have applied the submillimeter wave scattering measurement system using our gyrotron (GYROTRON FU II) as a radiation source for CHS in National Institute for Fusion Science and succeeded in measurement of drift wave excited spontaneously in the device.
8) Study on the millimeterr wave ESR using a gyrotron as a radiation source