KAHSAKA Hiroyuki Nippon University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Professor, 文理学部, 教授 (60092516)
OKABE Atsuyuki University of Tokyo, School of Engineering, Professor, 大学院・工学系・研究科, 教授 (10114050)
宮川 泰夫 九州大学, 大学院・比較社会文化研究科, 教授 (20024052)
NOGAMI Michio Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Science, Peroffesor, 理学部, 教授 (50087144)
石水 輝雄 名古屋大学, 文学部, 教授 (60109238)
石原 潤 名古屋大学, 文学部, 教授 (70080265)
YONEKURA Nobuyuki University of Tokyo, School of Science, Professor, 大学院・理学系・研究科, 教授 (30011563)
KUBO Sachio Keio University, Faculty of Environmental Infomation, Professor, 環境情報学部, 教授 (40107694)
|Keywords||Geographic Information Science, / Organization for Educationand Research, / Acquisition of Spatial Data, / Database of Spatial Data, / Operation of Spatial Data, / Spatial Analysis, / Output and Presentation, / Application / 地理情報科学 / 研究教育組織 / 空間データ取得 / 空間データベース / 空間データ操作 / 空間データ解析 / 出力伝達方式 / 応用化 / 地理情報システム(GIS) / 共同利用研究機関|
The state of arts of the Geographic Information Science (GIS), the way of research cooperation among research institutions, the way of prevailing and advancing education and research in GIS,the way of providing research results to the Society, and their Administrative implications were studied.
Research results are summarized as follows :
1. The state of arts in GIS was summarized. In particular, existing literatures as well as the development of research were summarized for the fundamental elements of GIS,namely, acquisition, database, operation, analysis, output presentation of spatial data.
2. The organizational structures of the National Center for Geographical Information and Analysis in the US and the Regional Research Laboratory in the UK were summarized.
3. An appropriate structure of the GIS research center in Japan is proposed.
4. Symposium on the GIS were held two times, and their contents were published in the journal of the Geographic Information Systems Association.
5. Effective usages of spatial data were exemplified in the fields of global environment, urban environment, land use analysis, forestry planning, agriculture, urban engineering, marketing, multimedia, regional politics, geography, medical, science, disater prevention, landscape anlysis with research reviews and their directions of research were shown. Information available on the internet was summarized.
6. To facilitate the research interaction among institutions and to advance the education and research in the GIS,it is essential to establish the GIS research center attached to a university as an administrative measure. The effective use of spatial data and advancement of the GIS by integrating the academic knowledge in many fields can be accomplished by this center.