Study of non-literal materials about the ethical thoughts of Japanese
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kyoritsu WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY (1996)|
The University of Tokyo (1994-1995)
SATOH Masahide Kyoritsu Women's University, Faculty of Art and Letters, Department of Literature, Professor, 文芸学部, 教授 (90083708)
KANNO Kakumyou University of Tokyo, Faculty of letters, Associate Professor, 大学院・人文社会系研究科, 助教授 (70186170)
YAMASHITA Atsushi Kyoritsu Women's University, Faculty of Art and Letters, Department of Literatur, 文芸学部, 助教授 (40143341)
MURAKAMI Takashi Kyoritsu Women's University, Faculty of Art and Letters, Department of Literatur, 文芸学部, 助教授 (00239493)
竹内 整一 専修大学, 文学部, 教授 (80107515)
黒住 真 東京大学, 教養学部, 助教授 (00153411)
遠山 敦 東京大学, 文学部, 助手 (70212066)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed (Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994: ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,600,000)
|Keywords||The Japanese ethical thoughts / non-literal materilas / landscape / rite / Kami / Buddha / Ten / perspective / 日本倫理思想史 / 景物 / 原郷 / 風土論 / 宗教的景観 / 都市構造 / 伝統的習俗 / 生死 / 自然 / 秩序|
For the studies in the history of Japanese ethical thoughts, they had been based on nothing but literal documents. This research which expanded the former sphere was intended to extend the domains to data which is non-literal materials about the landscape and the rite.
Non-literal materials consist generally in the basis of literal documents, connecting closely with them.
Giving consideration these matters, the research was enforced as follows ;
1. Bringing to light non-literal materials systematically and its subjectize.
2. Establishing how to examine into non-literal materials.
3. Expressing Japanese ethical phases on their meaning of life which would be newly elucidated by the explanation of non-literal materials.
This is large scaled research. It will not only bring new scope and substance but also raise a fundamental question to the studies in the history of Japanese ethical thoughts after Tetsuro Watsuji's works. Our study has been advanced well, which requires further efforts and time to attain the object completely.
Until this term we have acquired the following results ;
1. To survey a change of thoughts from the ancient to the modem, understanding the landscape as a phase on the meaning of life.
2. A consideration about the meaning of thoughts how the landscape at Mt.Hiei-zan influenced Saicho, who founded Japanized Buddhism, for an example about a change of thoughts from the ancient to the medieval.
3. A consideration about the meaning of thoughts on 'Ka-Choh-Fuh-Getsu (flower-bird-air-moon)' which formed a style peculiar to the medieval landscape out of Saigyo's waka (sings).
4. To attempt explaining the rite in the medieval times from a point of a performing art 'Noh' that a religious ceremony was sophisticated.
5. A consideration about the present problems in environmental ethics as for changes of landscape caused by the perspective in the modern ages.
6. Compiling and classifying the documents about the landscape and the represented space.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (7 results)