Development of Capillary Electrophoresis under Crossed Super Magnetic Field
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY|
MASUJIMA Tsutomu Hiroshima University School of Medicine Professor, 医学部, 教授 (10136054)
TAMURA Atsushi Hiroshima University School of Medicine Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (30261225)
OZAWA Kouichiro Hiroshima University School of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 講師 (10211822)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
|Keywords||Magnetic Field / Capillary Electrophoresis / Separation / Video Analysis / ビデオ分析|
1) Development of Capillary Electrophoresis under Crossed Super Magnetic Field
A coiled capillary was inserted into the gap of a super-strong permanent magnet. When the electric field was applied to this capillary, it was found that the current showed less value than that without magnetic field. The positional isomers, i.e.p-aminosalicylic acid, p-aminobenzoic acid, 1,8-antheaquinon disulfonic acid, which were hard to resolve, were separated under the magnet with much higher resolution. Similar effect can be obtained even with lowering of temperature of capillary.
2) Video Monitoring of Separating Process for Capillary Electrophoresis
Separating process was successful monitored by our developed chromato-videoscope. The band shows rise up for the leading side of band but shows tailing for the rear side according to the migration distance. With evidences of many aspects of separating process, new applications and improvements were innovated.
3) New Methods for Capillary Electrophoresis
termination of Dissolved Oxygen in Water Samples Using Capillary Electrophoresis
Dissolved oxygen in water samples was analyzed by CE for the first time. Each analysis was performed within 5 min and as low as 50ppb dissolved oxygen can be determined by this method and this method was successfully applied to the analysis of river water.
(2) Improvement in the Determination of Food Additive Dye stuffs by Capillary Electrophoresis using B-Cyclodextrin. It was found that the inclusion of B-cyclodextrin into solvent for separation improves the reproducibility and peak shape. Taking this advantage, seven food dye stuffs were successfully separated. It was shown that this method is simple and rapid.
(3) Development of Non-aqueous Capillary Electrophoresis (NACE) System
In contrast to the usual aqueous phase CE,we charanged to develop the method of non-aqueous CE.The NACE has many advantages in the reproducibility and applicability to various kinds of organic solutes. We discussed the future potentials of these newly developed CE methods in each publication. Less
Research Products (24results)