A FUNDAMENTAL STUDY TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF A VIRTUAL REALITY SYSTEM OF BONSAI-ART
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||IWATE UNIVERSITY|
CHIBA Norishige IWATE UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF ENGINEERING,DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE,PROFESSOR, 工学部, 教授 (40171946)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,800,000)
|Keywords||COMPUTER GRAPHICS / VIRTUAL REALITY / BONSAI / GROWTH MODEL OF TREES / SIMULATION / 仮想・現実感|
The research purpose of this project is to develop several fundamental techniques required for the visual simulation of Bonsai-art which plays a vital role in constructing a vertual reality system of Bonsai-art where we can grow a tree interactively with pruning.
From 1994 to 1995, i.e.during the term of this project, we have developed the following interesting techniques which enable us to construct a new type of amusement system where we can improve our aesthetic sense :
1. A growth model of trees having the abilities of grwoth-regulations.
2. Modeling method for generating a polygon-based model of a tree from its skeleton data.
3. A texturing method for bark-Fracture Posting method-.
4. A representation method for leaves-Origami model, simulation of leaf arrangement and autumn colors-
5. A rendering method for moss-3D textures and volume rendering-
6. A modeling method for ceramic pots-color model of graze-
7. A representation method for water-particle-based simulation of complex water currents-
We have already published most of those research results in the famous journals and an international contest of SIGGRAPH in the form of papers and CG works including slides and videos.
Research Output (12results)