Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||Kansai University|
SHIBATA Junji Kansai University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70067742)
今西 信之 株式会社神鋼リサーチ, 調査研究部長
待田 純一 三徳金属工業株式会社, 品質管理課, 課長代理
佐野 誠 関西大学, 工学部, 助手 (00170811)
西村 山治 関西大学, 工学部, 教授 (30067467)
MACHIDA Junichi Santoku Metal Industry Co., LTD,Quality Control Section, Section Manager
IMANISHI Nobuyuki Shinko Research Company, Research and Development Section Senior Manager
SANO Makoto Kansai University, Faculty of Engineering, Researcher Assistant
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,000,000)
|Keywords||solvent impregnated resin / extractant / column method / separation / adsorption / rare earth / 含浸樹脂 / 抽出剤 / カラム法 / 分離 / 吸着 / 希土類|
Investigation of a batch and a column solvent impregnated resin process was carried out for the separation of rare earth. Furthermore, the separation process of Dy.Y.Tm, and Yb from the heavy rare earth residue containing seven components was developed as an application. The results obtained are summarized as follows ;
1) Measurement of pore diameter distribution and specific surface area of the impregnated resin proved physical adsorption of PC-88A in the pore of the porous resin. Amberlite XAD-7.
2) The impregnated resin can recycle 20 times from the results of ageing test.
3) Adsorption of rare earth with the impregnated resin takes place by the cation exchange reaction between metal ion in the solution and hydrogen ion of PC-88A.There is little difference in adsorption speed between the impregnated resin adn commercial cation exchange resins. Elution is operated easily with inorganic acid such as hydrochloric acid.
4) Optinum conditions for the separation were obtained by adsorption an
d elution experiments at various diameters and heights of the column. It is possible to apply the impregnated resin to the treatment of a large amount of waste solution using longer diameter of column and there is strong relationship between separationability and column height.
5) It was found from a column separation test that rare earth with the smaller atomic number is recovered in the adsorption step, while rare earth with the larger atomic number is recovered in the elution step in the case of binary solutions, such as Nd/Sm and Tb/Ho.
6) The detector to catch a breakthrough point was develped by us and the detector made it possible to find the exact breakthrough point by measurement of visible and ultra violet absorbance of proper wave length. We designed the detector system and completed the system of decision of a breakthrough point.
7) We established the process in which Dy, Y,Tm, and Yb are separated from the leaching solution of heavy rare earth residue and accomplished the almost perfect recovery of Dy, Y,Tm and Yb at various concentrations of hydrochloric acid (pH2-pH0) as an eluent using a development-coulumn at elution process. Less