Development of Presentation Supporting System for Elementary and Secondary School Students and Teachers
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Research|
HORIGUCHI Hidetsugu NIER, Educational Resources Information Center, Chief, 教育情報・資料センター, 室長 (70103702)
鳥飼 明史 株式会社文溪堂, 教育情報部, 課長
HORITA Tatsuya Toyama University, Center for Research and Training in Teacher Education, Lecturer, 教育研究実践センター, 講師 (50247508)
MURASE Koichiro Gifu University, Curriculum Research & Development Center, Associate Professor, カリキュラム開発研究センター, 助教授 (80150027)
IGUCHI Isoo Jumonji University, Social Sciences and Computer Sciences, Professor, 社会情報学部, 教授 (70212751)
MIYAKE Masao NIER, Science Education Research Center, Chief, 科学教育センター, 室長 (50000071)
TORIGAI Akifumi Bunkeido Co., Media Planning Section, Manager
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||presentation skill / compatibility / development of teaching material / simulation authoring system / investigation study / groupware / computer supported cooperative work / プレゼンテーション / 互換性 / 教材開発 / シミュレーションオーサリングシステム / 調べ学習 / グループウェア / CSCW / 教材作成支援ツール / 素材情報|
The main purpose of this research is to develop the presentation support software which a pupil can operate and demonstrate easily. We devided the theme into two items.
(1) Analysing and Designing Teaching and Learning Activity :
With the cooperation of Faculty of Kanagawa Prefectural Education Center (as a research cooperator), several elementary school teachers in Kanagawa Prefecture analyzed the teacher and students' presentation activities. Long sequences of lessons were necessary to make good presentations by teachers and students.
They designed and carried out lessons for presentation. It became clear that there were two kinds of presentation. One is the presentation activity in front of classmates. The other is to exhibit or display the products like an explanation course or a quize course.
It became obvious that a well developed presentation tools will support many aspects of activities and will shorten the lesson hours needed.
(2) Software Development :
1) Data tranfer function in a local area network was added to "Gakushuu-kun" that was developed last fiscal year.
2) We developed "Gakushuu-kun" for Windows95. It was because many schools have many Windows95 machines in PC room.
3) We developed Simulation Authoring Tool for expressing simultanious multi-objects movement like planets. The user of "Gakushuu-kun" can make a presentation course from which simulation file by Simulation Authoring Tool is called.
4) We added more functions which was needed for the preparation of presentation courses. The functions are Memo Attaching, calculator, Table and Graph. By doing this, students can continue activities from an investigation study to summarization and presentation.
The software "Gakushuu-kun" is distributed to many schools in Kanagawa prefecture from Kanagawa Prefectural Education Center and utilized with so many lessons. In this report, there are 8 long lessons in which Gakushuu-kun is used effectively.
Research Output (2results)