Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Hosen Gakuen Junior College|
TSUKAMOTO Keisho Hosen Gakuen Junior College, Education for Nurturer, Professor, 保育学科, 教授 (30062772)
YAMAZAKI Moriichi Sendai National College Technoligy, Professor, 教授 (90200667)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||Indian Buddhism / donative inscription / Prakrit / Sanskrit / Brahmi script / Kharosthi script / Reverse Index / grammatical analysis / トランスクリプション / 考古学|
1. Arrangement of Materials
We have divided the materials collected in 1994 into follwing classess :
(1) Photographs of inscriptions, (2) Roman transcription of inscriptions, (3) Grammatical analysis of test, (4) Referrences, and (5) Japanese translation.
2. Criticism of inscriptions
(1) We have justified scholors' trascriptions through the criticism of scripts.
(2) We investigated critically the grammar (Phonology and Morphology) of the Prakrit inscriptions, and noted different readings.
3. Compilation of the work "A Comprehensive Study of the Indian Buddhist Inscriptions" for the publication.
4. Basic operations for the compilation of Index and Reverse Index to the text.
5. Basic operations for grammatical analysis : the Reverse Index can be used as a basis for grammatical analysis.
CONTENTS of Comprehensibe Study of the Indian Buddhist Inscriptions :
I.Find-spots of inscriptions and Their Historical Background
II.Scripts of Inscriptions
III.Phonology and Morphology (Declension)
INDIAN BUDDHIST INSCRIPTIONS-Text, Note and Japanese Translation
I.Eastern India II.Southern India III.Western India IV.Central India V.Nothern India
Concordance of the Numbers given in the Various Lists of Inscriptions
I.Index of the Words in Text
II.Reverse Index of the Words in Text