|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
(1) I compared his various manuscript drafts of the chapters on "tenchi (cosmology)" and "shinsei (medical theory)" of the "Zeigo" by referring to their microfilms. However, I have not completed its comparison, yet owing to the vast quantity of its manuscripts.
(2) I have made researches on those scientific as well as medical books which Baien apparently made studied on and those books that he probably had read in various libraries in Tokyo and Keihanshin area, such as National Diet Library, Tokyo University Library, Osaka Prefectural Library, etc.
(3) Baien's note called "Urashi Shuki" is an important material to tell us what kind of books he had read and which part of the book he had been interested in. I checked about half of them, but its great number of volumes, 67 volumes indeed, did not allow me enough time to go through them all. This remains for a future task.
(4) The "Urashi Shuki" does not show us the title of the books he had referred to in some casese. I have identified these materials by comparing the texts of the originals.
(5) A passage in the "Urashi Shuki" reveals that Baien copied down the names of foreign countries from Nishikawa Joken's "Kai Tsusho-Ko" at his age of 61. This shows that he had kept his interest in acquiring the information on foreign affairs until his last years.
(6) We can observe memoranda on "kishin" or "haku" in various places in the "Urashi Shuki, " and this indicates that our studies on his idea of life and death or that of the world after one's deatn will be a very important subject of our future study on the philosophy of Miura Baien.