Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES,GUNMA UNIVERSITY|
KUROSU Toshio FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES PROFESSOR, 社会情報学部, 教授 (70091775)
HORI Tadashi FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 社会情報学部, 助教授 (60241858)
NAKADA Makoto FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 社会情報学部, 助教授 (50172341)
KOBAYASI Syuichi FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 社会情報学部, 助教授 (10215329)
OCHIAI Nobutaka FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES PROFESSOR, 社会情報学部, 教授 (80134287)
森谷 健 群馬大学, 社会情報学部, 講師 (10230161)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||INFORMATION / INDEX OF INFORMATION AGE / INFORMATION ENVIRONMENT / INFORMATION BEHAVIOR / INFORMATION INFRASTRUCTURE / MEDIA / MEDIA LITERACY / 情報サテラシー|
In this research, we inquired two aspects of information society theoretically and conducted a survey about media concerns of the people in Gunma prefecture.
In further detail, we examined the next three phases.
1) the notion of information infrastructure and information behavior,
2) the situation of improving information infrastructure in Gunma prefecture,
3) the state of peoples concern about media and information technologies.
Some of the main results of the questionnaire to 3,200 people in Gunma prefecture are as follows.
(1) Video games are becoming the most popular media source of home entertainment next to television.
(2) What the people consider the most necessary media source is as follows : (in order from the most to the least) Newspapers, TV, Telephones. On the contrary, those of university students were TV, Telephones and Books/Magazines.
(3) Only 10% of the people operate or use computers in everyday life ; however, 68% feel that the importance of new information technologies is growing due to the coming information society.
(4) In the coming multimedia age. most people hope that the new media would be easy to use.
But on the other hand, they are also anxious about the computer crimes and computerphobia.