Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Policy Research|
SAKAMOTO Takanori Dept.of Research Planning & Development, Deputy Director, 研究企画開発部, 企画調整官 (10149297)
SAKANO Shinji Research Dept.of Educational Policy and Evaluation, Principal Researcher, 教育政策・評価研究部, 総括研究官 (30235163)
KIKUCHI Eiji Research Dept.of Higher Education, Principal Researcher, 高等教育研究部, 総括研究官 (10211872)
SATO Akira Japan Women's Univ., Faculty of Integrated Arts and Social Sciences, Professor, 人間社会学部, 教授 (50004114)
ITO Minoru Tokyo Science Univ., Faculty of Science & Engineering, Assist.Professor, 理工学部, 助教授 (00196106)
牛渡 淳 仙台白百合短期大学, 助教授 (30151856)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||Systematization of training / Formation of Ability / Organizational climate / Morals / Communication / School culture|
Implementation of the Research Project in Fiscal 1995
(1) Collection and analysis of research materials and literature in Japan and foreign countries
(2) Conducted survey of heating by visits to schools where biginning teachers assigned to work and to local education centers and results of hearings were analysed.
(3) Based on the preliminary survey, questionnaire was prepared and sent to the beginning teachers (n : 308) who had undergone induction training in fiscal 1994, advising teachers (n : 231) and school principals (n : 228) of the schools where biginning teachers were assigned to work in three prefecture and two cities. And answers were analysed.
Newly Identified Facts
With the results of above-mentioned research on literature, hearing survey and questinnaire survey, following three points are identified :
(1) There are disagreements between consciousness of advising teachers and beginning teachers concerning their human relations and communication.
(2) It is identified that by smooth human relations and active communication among advising teachers and other teachers, system of induction training guidance in the school can be established and effectiveness of induction training also can be further developed.
(3) It is identified that there is a positive correlation between biginning teachers' adaptation to school culture and effect of their induction training.
Future Research Problems
Based on the research results of 2-year period from fiscal 1994 to 1995, following three point can be pointed out as future research problems :
(1) It is desired to have a research on beginning teachers' adaptation to school cultures and its promotion.
(2) It is necessary to do R ＆ D on guidance system/organization to enrich in-service induction training at schools where biginning teachers assigned to work.
(3) For the purpose of furthering actual effects of induction training, it is urgent need to have a research on developing training programs of advising teachers.