|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥100,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
The purpose of this research is as follows.
1. To investigate the problem of the consumption in the Iosifo=Volokolamskij monastery, by analyzing the outlay in the income and expenditure ledgers of this monastery.
2. Making the concern of this monastery with markets clear, to examine : what the concerned monastery needed ; from whom and in what course, inside own lands or outside own lands, the concerned monastery gained it.
In this case, I have assumed consumption problems and the concern with markets to be indispensable elements, to grasp the state of the daily life and the economy in monasteries, and to be inseparably related to the problems of markets in Russia in those days. Analysis in the past three years showed as follows.
1. The purchased goods can be roughly classified : food, clothing, daily necessities, fishery goods, building materials, harnesses and so on. And in respect of the quantity and the sum, foods, particularly, fish stands out above all.
2. Goods were purchased either outside or inside own estates, but the purchase of various goods in the Moscow City is conspicuous. And the situation of the circulation of goods in those days was reflected in the purchase of spice, which flowed in to the Moscow City through foreign trade. But, there are facilities of this monastery in the Moscow City and we must distinguish what was purchased at the Moscow City from what was purchased elsewhere and was carried in to the facilities in the Moscow City.
3. To be shown by the purchase of a great deal of fish in the Ostashkovo village, specific goods were purchased in the specific city or the village. Honey, too, was purchased in quantities and from persons of Mojaisk.