A STUDY ON MEDIEVAL SETTLEMENTS IN BULGARIA
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
History of Europe and America
|Research Institution||TOKAI UNIVERSITY|
KINPARA Yasuo TOKAI UNIV.FACULTY OF LETTERS ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 文学部, 助教授 (20161614)
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||Bulgaria / Medieval settlement / Thrace / Balkans / Medieval city / Byzantine Empire / ブルガリア / 中世集落 / トラキア / バルカン半島 / 中世都市 / ビザンツ帝国 / 集落 / バルカン / 中世|
The purpose of this study is to explain development and structure of medieval settlements in Bulgaria. According to the first plan, the following is what I did.
1. Gathering and classification of materials : I gathered historical and archaeological materials on the medieval settlements in Bulgaria. I made detailed distribution map of the settlements.
2. Information about this srudy : The general survey of settlements in Bulgaria was reported in the journal.
3. Prospects for the study : The results of this research are as follows.
(1) Bibliography of historical and archaeological literature on the medieval settlements in Bulgaria ; List of medieval settlements ; Date base of the materials
(2) Data base of figures and photographs of archaeological meterials
(3) Determination of study area : I took notice of Thracian region and made a map of medieval settlements in Thrace. Especialy I studied Djadovo settlements (11-13 centuly).
In the futur I will study on another medieval settlements in Thrace (Kovacevo, Seutopolis, Kabile and others) and consider general characteristic of the settlements in Bulgarian Middle Ages.
Research Output (7results)