The Range and the Limit on Compensation of Municipal Suffrage for Foreigners
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Shimane University|
OKAZAKI Katsuhiko Shimane University, Faculty of Law and Literature, Professor, 法文学部, 教授 (50109245)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
|Keywords||Foreigner / Municipal Suffrage / Public Officer / Korean / Permanent Resident / 旧植民地人 / 外国人 / 外国人の参政権 / 外国人の政治活動 / 戸籍条項 / 参政権 / 地方参政権 / 選挙権 / 外国人教員 / 外国人公務員|
(1) I analyzed the present municipal self governing system in Germany, and examined the amendment of a constitution and the principle of law in the compensation of the municipal suffrage to apptove it for EU nation.
(2) I analyzed and examined the freedom of foreigners' political activity.
(3) I proposed to examine the plan of electoral law system concretely to compensate the municipal suffrage.
(4) I clarified the process of "deprivation" of the suffrage for foreigners immediately just after the Second World war.
From the above analysis I supposed that it was logically convenient to examine the limit of the compensation of the suffrage to set degree and range for the compensation of the municipal suffrage for foreigners.
I have investigated the followings concretely.
1. The extent of the franchise and the eligibility for the election and the qualification of the foreign residents including the people coming from the former colony.
2. About the limit of the compensation of the suffrage we need to take the rights for the establishment of the constitution in consideration to distinguish from the nation who is within the level of national administration.
3. About the appointment of a public official we need to limit it to the official duties which bear direct relation to the formation of public authority under the sovereignty by nation or the formation of public will.
4. The embodiment of the compensation of the municipal suffrage for foreigners by the municipal regulations.
5. The people coming from the former colony was deprived og the suffrage by "the political motive" to maintain the public peace immediately just after the Second World War.
Research Output (31results)