Heat and Mass Transfer in Packed Bed Type Adsorber of Adsorption Refrigeration Cycle
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||KYUSYU UNIVERSITY|
MORI Hideo Kyushu Univ., Fac.of Eng., Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (70150505)
大野 正規 九州大学, 工学部, 助手 (30037858)
YOSHIDA Suguru Kyushu Univ., Fac.of Eng., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30037741)
OHISHI Katsumi Kyushu Univ., Fac.of Eng., Research Assistant (00037970)
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
|Keywords||Adsorbent Bed / Heat and Mass Transfer / Adsorption and Desorption / Packed Bed Type Adsorber / Silica gel / Steam Pair System / Adsorption Refrigeration Cycle / 吸着剤充てん層 / 熱・物質伝達特性 / 吸着・脱着反応 / 吸着剤熱交換器 / シリカゲル / 水系 / 吸着式冷凍サイクル / 吸着剤充填層 / 伝熱特性|
Experiments and theoretical analyzes were carried out on the dynamic characteristics of heat and mass transfer during adsorption and desorption processes in a packed bed type silica gel-A/steam adsorber. Following results were obtained from the experiments.
1. An adsorption isotherm was determined for this adsorbent/adsorbate pair.
2. There was no difference in the dynamic behavior of heat transfer for packed beds of different adsorbent particle diameter, and the time required to reach the eguilibrium state in the process became larger with the thickness of the packed bed layr.
3. The effective thermal conductivity of packed bed was measured and there was found no difference in measured values for the beds of different particle diameter.
Theoretical analyzes were performed for heat and mass transfer in the adsorbent bed, based on the physical model in which several mechanisms in both the adsobate fluid and particle solid phases are taken into consideration. Following results were obtained.
1. The present analytical model was found to predict well the dynamic behavior of the silica gel/steam adsorber obtained in the experiments.
2. Both the effects of the resistance to the heat transfer from the fluid to the particle and that to the diffusion of adsorbate in the particle were found to be very small.
3. Thermal conduction in the solid particle was confirmed to play a dominant role in the dynamics of heat and mass transfer in adsorbent packed bed.
Research Output (4results)