|Budget Amount *help
¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Papers and paper-polymer composite sheets were irradiated by electron beams with the energy range of 150-300keV.Results were as follows :
1. Absorption of electron beams into layr of paper is similar to that of depth-dose curve obtained by common dosimeter, so thatthey transmit up to 200g/sq.m by 150keV,700g/sq.m by 300keV.
2. In the case of irradiation of handheets and patent-coated papers by electron beams with the energy range of 150-250keV,the higher basis weight, and the lower energy, gave less effects on strength properties. this agree with the assumption from above depth-dose curve.
3. As to irradiation of coated papers by low energy electron beams, pigments in coated layr have tendency to prevent partly from transmission of electron beams to paper layr.
4. In the case of irradiation of polyethylene laminated papers by electron beams with the energy range of 150-250keV,the thicker polyethylene layr, and the lower energy, gave less effects on strength properties. This show that layr of polyethylene has shielding effects on papers against electron beams.
5. Fine papers, art papers and paper-polyethylene composite sheets coated with radiation-curable resins, were irradiated by low energy electron beams. It is recognized that all samples gain their tensile and burst strength by irradiation.