A Study of Intergenerational Farm Transfer and its Relation to Farm Size and Crop Organization
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Rakuno Gakuen University|
HOTCHI Kikuji(1995-1996) Rakuno Gakuen University, Dept.of Agricultural.Econ., Lecturer, 酪農学部, 講師 (40244842)
柳村 俊介(1994) 酪農学園大学, 酪農学部, 助教授 (80183979)
MURAYAMA Motonobu Takasaki Keizai University, Dept.of Local Policy, Associate Professor, 地域政策学部, 助教授 (60285070)
YANAGIMURA Shunsuke Rakuno Gakuen University, Dept.of Agricultural.Econ., Associate Professor, 酪農学部, 助教授 (80183979)
發地 喜久治 酪農学園大学, 酪農学部, 講師 (40244842)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||farm management / farm size / crop organization / intergenerational farm transfer / farm family / patriarchy / management skills / 経営者能力 / 農業経営規模 / 農業経営組織 / 農業経営の継承 / 経営者機能 / 家族周期 / 法人農業経営 / 農業経営の規模・部門構成 / 経済的立地条件 / 集約作物 / 農業経営の主宰権 / 世帯主宰権 / 農業経営者能力 / 家族経営 / 農業経営の部門構成|
The purpose of this research is to analyze intergenerational farm transfer by noticing the relation to farm size and crop organization. Main subjects of this research are as follows :
1. what kinds of differences of farm transfer process are made by farm size and crop organization?
2. changes of farm size or crop organization before or after farm transfer
3. the relation between farm transfer and farm estate planning
4. regional characteristics of farm transfer
We picked up 6 areas in 5 prefectures -Hokkaido, Yamagata, Saitama, Tokyo, and Okayama-for field survey and interviewed at least 20 farmers at each area.
We could get the followings as a result of this research :
1. The main issue of farm transfer in Japan has been generally recognized as the lack of successor in small farms. We found different kind of problems large scale farms have on bringing up successors to an independent farmer, risk management at farm transfer, inheritance of farm estate and farm succession, and so on.
2. Traditional way of farm transfer from father to son-succession of farm family-will be not broken immediately. It has been adapted flexibly to new situations. But will be more difficult to maintain farming in terms of regional level only by such way of farm succession. Thinking of decreasing the number of farmers joining farmers' pension system, the trend of devotion to non-faming jobs of farmers' wives, and necessily of maintaining resources for farming, some regional system for complementing family farm will be necessary and new way of farm transfer which is different from tradional succession of farm family should be established.
Research Products (10results)