OGIMOTO Itsuro Dep. Public Health Kurume University, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (30177159)
SAKATA Ritsu Dep. Public Health Kurume University, Instructor, 医学部, 助手 (60258423)
SHIBATA Akira Dep. Pubrlc Health Kurume University, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (10113226)
NISHIYORI Atsushi Dep. Public Health Kurume University, Instructor, 医学部, 助手 (30218226)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
(1) ALDH2 genotyping method based on nail clippings has been developed using PCR.
(2) Since June 1992, a case-control study has been performed on primary hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Fukuoka and Saga Prefecture under a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research. Until the end of 1996,193 pairs of case, age-, sex-, residence-matched hospital-based control (HC) have been identified and their data e.g. HBsAg, anti-HCVAb, have been completed by a stuctured interview.
(3) During the term between June 1992 and July 1995,146 HCC cases were identified and their equal number of age-, sex-matched community controls (OC) were randomly sampled from the alive Kurume citizens in June 1995 and their relevant data was then obtained by a mailed questionnaire. This procedure yielded 146 triplets (male 115, female 31) of case and the two types of controls.
(4) Proportion of HBsAg positive among 115 male cases or HCs was 13.0%, 0.9%, and that of anti-HCVAb among cases and HCs was 83.5%, 7.0% respectively. Proportion of heavy drinker who consumed alcohol more than 60 drink-years by age 40 among cases, HCs and CCs was 23.5%, 13.9%, 9.6% respectively. Proportion of ALDH2 typical homozygote among 60 cases, HCs, and CCs was 58.3%, 63.3%, 38.3% respectively.
(5) Univariate analysis using logistic regression model revealed that odds ratios of HBsAg positive, anti-HCVAb positive, and ALDH2 typical homozygote regarding developing male HCC were 15 (P<0.05 ; based on HC), 89 (P<0.05 ; based on HC), 2 (P<0.05 ; based on CC) respectively.