BONE REGENERATION EFFECT BY BIOSTIMULATION OF LASERS AND ITS THERAPEUTIC EFFECT FOR OSTEOPOROSIS
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||TOKAI UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF HIGH-TECHNOLOGY FOR HUMAN WELFARE|
NAGASAWA Akinori TOKAI UNIV., SCHOOL OF HIGH-TECHNOLOGY FORHUMAN WELFARE,PROFESSOR, 開発工学部, 教授 (90246158)
YHO Kousei HYOGO COLLEGE OF MEDICINE,DEPT.of ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY,LECTURER, 整形外科学教室, 講師 (30131600)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
|Keywords||LASER / BIOSTIMULATION / BONE REGENERATION EFFECT / OSTTEOCLAST / HARD TISSUE SPECTRAL ANALYSIS / THERAPEUTIC EFFECT / OSTEOPOROSIS / UNDEFFERENTIAL MESENCHYMAL CELL / 骨再生促進効果 / 硬組織分光分析 / 波長可変CO_2レーザー / 硬組織加工効果|
1. Infiltration of the Incident Laser Beam in Bone Tissue :
HeNe laser > GaAlAs laser > Ar^+ laser
Infrared Spectral Analysis of Bone Tissue and Wavelength Dependence in Surgical Effect on Hard Tissue :
1) Bone tissues were demonstrated to provide the peak of the huge absorption spectrum at the narrow wave band arround 9.6 mum, and the various bones have almostly the same wavelength at the peak of the huge absorption spectrum with no individual difference.
2) The laser beam of the nearest wavelength to the huge absorption spectrum in bone tissue demonstrated to have the excelent surgical effect on bone tissue.
3. Histological Study on Bone Regeneration Effect of Lasers :
Bone regeneration effect of lasers has been documented with exposure to Nd : YAG laser, GaAlAs laser, HeNe laser and Ar^+ laser. The results of this study lesds to the following important theory on the mechanism for the bone regeneration effect of lasers : The laser beam disturbs the differentation process of undifferentiated mesenchymal cells to macrophages.
4. Study on Methodology for Therapeutic Application of Lasers for Bone Regeneration :
Cooling on the target surface or local injection of blood vessel contrctor increace the infiltration of the incident laser beam into body and increace the therapeutic effect of the laser beam.
5. Experimental evaluation for therapeutic effect of lasers for osteoporosis has been on study and has not been concluded.
Research Products (31results)