MORIHIRO Koichiro Hyogo University of Teacher Education, Center for School Education Research, Res, 学校教育研究センター, 助手 (40263412)
NAGASE Hisaaki Hyogo University of Teacher Education, Center for School Education Research, Ass, 学校教育研究センター, 助教授 (10127269)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
This research was conducted according to the following purposes :
(1) Considering the learner's characteristics of thinking, examine a development method of a teaching material which allows the learner to achieve a deeper understanding.
(2) Examine the link mechanism, which corresponds to an intention of the learner's learning activity.
(3) Propose an authoring method of a teaching material.
(4) Propose a flexible method of lesson planning which reflects the intention of the teacher as well as the educational function of hypermedia.
As results of this research, the following conclusions were made.
(1) According to educational functions of in hypermedia teaching materials, linking was categorized into 5 kinds : category links, order links, meaning links, case-relation links, coherence-relation links.
(2) These 5 characteristics were attached to each card in HyperCard as its attributes.
(3) Using these card attributes, a dynamically linked structure was developed.
(4) The dynamically linked struc
ture was made into an authoring tool. This made it possible to author a flexible teaching material which corresponds to intentions of both the teacher and a learner.
(5) Regarding still pictures and video movies as frequently used materials in the future, a data base construction method was developed, which describes movement contents expressed by still pictures and movie frames based on case grammar, and makes them into a index. This index method can automatically spread links to images in a way which is applicable to most of task or domains. Thus, it is possible to develop teaching materials easily from existing image data.
By using this authoring tool, it became possible to achieve the following goals :
**Considering the learner's thinking process in inquiring activities.
**Incorporating intentions of the teacher as a designer.
**Alternating teaching material contents easily.
**Planning and conducting a lesson flexibly.
Teaching materials of elementary school social studies (Hei-an era in Japanese history ; traditional industries in industrial studies) and senior high school art (paper weight making) were developed and taught, and concrete processes and techniques of lesson planning and practicing were clarified. As a result of this study, a method of utilizing educational functions of hypermedia was established. Less