Cytokinin Signal Transduction
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Nara Institute of Science and Technology(1995-1996)|
Akita Prefectural College of Agriculture(1994)
SANO Hiroshi Research and Education Center for Genetic Information, Prfessor, 遺伝子教育研究センター, 教授 (20178809)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||nutrient signals / protein kinase / cytokinin / phytohormone / プロテインキナーゼ / WPK4 / イネ / 栄養飢餓 / 組換えタバコ / 情報伝達 / タンパク質リン酸化 / 植物ホルモン|
(1) A gene encoding a protein kinase was isolaed from wheat seedings, and designated as wpk4.
(2) The WPK4 protein was expressed in E.coli and Bacullo virus system.
(3) The enzymatic activity was evaluated using expressed proteins, and shown to possess autophosphorylation activity and MBP kinase activity in the presence of manganese ions.
(4) A specific antibody was raised against expressed WPK4.
(5) The enzyme specifically phosphorylated 65 kDa and 17.6 kDa proteins extracted from wheat seedings.
(6) Under poor nutrient conditions, transcripts of wpk4 greatly accumulated in seedlings.
(7) Upon transferring seedlings grown under nutrient-poor media into nutrient rich-media, transcripts of wpk4 rapidly disappeared.
(8) Cytokinin treatment of seedlings induced accumulation of transcripts of wpk4.
(9) The results suggest that WPK4 is a member of the nutrient signal transduction system, and that cytokinin functions in it as an activator of the system.
Research Products (6results)