Fundamental Study on Failure Probability and Design Values of Load and Resistance of Steel Structures
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Osaka City University|
KITADA Toshiyuki Osaka City University, Faculty of Engineering Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (30029334)
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||Limit state design method / Steel Structure / Failure probability / Load / Resistance / Initial imperfection / Accident / Human error / 限界状態設計法 / 鋼構造物 / 破壊確率 / 荷重 / 強度 / 初期不整 / 事故 / ヒューマンエラー / ヒューマン・エラー / 設計値|
1.Fundamental theories have been developed to some extent in three papers.
2.The following research results have been obtained :
(1) Design methods based on reliability theory are not proper in structures with less failure probability.
(2) It is important that the ultimate strength and various limit states up to the ultimate limit states of structures are also investigated prior to the calculation of their failure probability.
(3) Collapses of structures are mainly caused by unknown behaviors, extremely expected or unexpected hazards, and human errors.
(4) It is necessary to develop a method to evaluate quantitatively the influence of the unknown behaviors, extremely expected or unexpected hazards, and human errors upon the failure probability.
(5) The influence of the variation of yield stress on the ultimate strength is predominant compared with the variation of initial imperfection and residual stress.
(6) As for yield limit state, the variation of residual stress can not be neglected.
(7) A limit states design method for evaluating safety on the strength limit of existing structures has been proposed.
Research Output (14results)