A Study on the Estimative Method to Quantity of the most apropriate Life Space in an Architectural Space.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Town planning/Architectural planning
|Research Institution||KOGAKUIN UNIVERSITY|
KIMURA Yukihiro Kogakuin University, Faculty of Engineering, Lecturer, 工学部, 講師 (60090578)
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||FLOOR SPACE / ACCOMMODATION NUMBER / HUMAN DISTANCE / ACTIVITY COEFFICIENT / HUMAN SCALE / SINGLE FUNCTION / COMPOUND FUNCTION / FUNCTIONAL DESIGN|
The types of facilities which are analyzed in this study are :
1) Bisiness facilities, 2) Welfare facilities, 3) Community facilities, and 4) Educational institution. And I considered calculation method of the most suitable amount space for each group.
The subject contents of this study is as follows :
1) The analysis of work space in office building, seating space in restaurant and theater.
2) The analysis of the state of facilities in the recent public libraly in Japan and Britain.
3) The analysis of the state of elementary and junior high school facilities in Marugame-shi, Kagawa.
4) The analysis of the state of elementary and junior high school facilities in Meguro-ku, Tokyo and comparison study in the case of Marugame-shi.
As for theory expression of "Floor space" calculation, there is a case of "Single function" or "Compound function". It is an ideal that "Activity coefficient" calculated by the present "Floor space" equals that by "United distance", but in reality "Activity coefficient" was at a low level in the most cases.
The conclusions which are drawn from this study are as follows :
1) "Activity coefficient" can be applied to calculation of any functional space.
2) The most suitable amount of space can be calculated according to any "Accommodation number".
3) "United distance", which is discussed in this study, is a similar concept to E.T.Hall's "Human distance", but I have a different approach to what he calls "Social distance" and "Formal distance".
Research Products (9results)