Peruvians' attitudes toward forest
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Shizuoka Uiversity|
IMANAGA Masaaki Faculty of Agriculture Shizuoka Univ.Professor, 農学部, 教授 (50007085)
TELLO J.R Agriculture, Amazonia Univ., Professor, 農学部, 教授
OHSAKA Okihiro Agriculture, Shizuoka Univ., Assistant, 農学部, 助手 (20252166)
YABU Shinobu System Tech.Wakayama Univ., Associate Prof., システム工学部, 助教授 (00200569)
MATSUSHITA Koji Agriculture, Kyoto Univ., Associate Prof., 農学部, 助教授 (90199787)
YOSHIDA Shigejiro Agriculture, Kyushu Univ., Associate Prof., 農学部, 助教授 (80128462)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥6,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,300,000)
|Keywords||opinion / Iquitos / Lima / Cuzco / travel / destination / forest / management / type / マナウス市 / イキトス / リマ / クスコ / アンケート / 樹種|
Outline of the research in Peru :
In November in 1995, the opinion survey was carried out at Iquitos, Lima and Cuzco in Peru. Citizens', high school students' and college students' attitudes toward forest were observed and the numbers of respondents were 3207. In August in 1996,213 and 382 responses of citizens were collected at Iquitos and Lima. In this year also, at Manaus in Brazil 453 were collected.
Materials and maps were gathered in Puru and in USA.
Results of the opinion survey :
(1) Situation of forest in Peruvians' daily lives ;
Preferences in terms of travel destinations were investigated. From seven destinations about 30% of respondents chose "amountain with a magnificent view" and "a still lake" respectively in Peru. In Brazil, on the contrary, "wide beach" was the most favorite destination. There were more citizens who chose "a dense forest" than students. 75% of respondents answered that they prefer walking in the forests.
(2) Mysterious feeling toward giant, ancient trees and dense forests ;
1. Are you awe-inspired by giant, ancient trees?
2. Do you feel a sense of mysticism when you enter a dense forest? "were questions. About 90% of respondents answered positively. The ratio of positive answer for the former question was more than 90% in Iquitos and Cuzco and more than 80% in Lima.
(3) Opinion on the forest management ;
"Which of the following two riews do you think is correct?
1. People should take steps to maintain the beauty of forests and woods.
2. People should not take steps to maintain the beauty of forests and woods. "was the question. The correct answer was the first statement. The ratio of answering correctly was 60-70% in Peru.
(4) People's favorite forest type ;
Being similar to Japanese and Brazilian, favorite type of many Peruvians were uniform forest.
Research Output (12results)