Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
Civil and environmental engineering
|Research Institution||Fukuoka University|
MATSUFUJI Yasushi Fukuoka University, Faculty of Engineering, professor, 工学部, 教授 (40078663)
王 偉 清華大学, 環境工程系, 副教授
周 北海 中国環境保護局, 高級工程師
TANAKA Ayako Fukuoka University, Faculty of Engineering, Assistant, 工学部, 助手 (10131830)
YANASE Ryuji Fukuoka University, Faculty of Engineering, Assistant, 工学部, 助手 (20131849)
SHIMAOKA Takayuki Fukuoka University, Faculty of Engineering, Assistant Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (80202109)
HANASHIMA Masataka Fukuoka University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70078624)
ZHOU Beihai National Environmental Protection Agency in China, China-Japan Friendship Center
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
|Keywords||Solid waste / Landfill / Semiaerobic Landfill / Leachate / Sanitary landfill / Landfill gas / Resource / China / 廃棄物 / 埋立地 / 準好気性埋立 / 浸出水 / 衛生埋立 / 発生ガス / 有価物 / 中国|
Landfill sites in developing countries are mainly operated as the open dumping or the controlled tipping. such action is causing major environmental pollution. In the future, even though the intermediate treatment technology is adopted, such as a recovery of resources, an incineration and others, final disposal sites will be needed. From this point of view, the improvement of existing mlandfill site is an important for upgrading to the level of sanitary landfill.
We investigated the landfill sites in major cities (Beijing, Xi'an, Changhai, and Guangzhou) of China for 3 years, and proposed a road to sanitary landfill from open dumping. The main results of this research are as follows ;
1) In urban area, resource recovery and recycling from solid wastes were active.,
2) Most of the existing landfill sites had a risk of explosion because they were an anaerobic landfill type without the gas venting system.,
3) As the technical method for the stabilization of the landfill site, we set up the low cost typed gas venting pipes on the landfill site in Guangzhou.,
4) On this case study, the bamboo, the useless srum cans and the construction debris were used as the gas venting pipes, so that the construction cost could be decreased.,
5) The semiaerobic landfill system will be effective to accelerate the stabilization of landfill site.
These case studies are the examples of improvement from the open dumping to the sanitary landfill, where is a lack of engineers and financial resources in China. And also these results from this research were high evaluated on the technical cooperation in the field of waste disposal and management in China.