Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kyoto University|
IKEDA Hirotoshi Kyoto Univ., Fac.of Integrated Human Studies, Prof., 総合人間学部, 教授 (70026780)
MURAKAMI Katuhiko Tokyo College of Economics, Dept.of Economics, Prof., 経済学部, 教授 (60096451)
TAMA Shinnosuke Hirosaki Univ., Fac.of Agriculture, A.P., 農学部, 助教授 (20183072)
TANAKA Manabu Tokyo Univ., Graduate School of Agricultural Studies, Prof., 大学院・農学生命科学研究科, 教授 (70012028)
SAKASHITA Akihiko Hokkaido Univ., Fac.of Agriculture, A.P., 農学部, 助教授 (70170595)
KAWAMURA Minato Hosei Univ., l.Dep.of liberal arts, Prof., 第一教養部, 教授 (70224855)
馬 興国 遼寧大学, 日本研究所, 教授
劉 立善 遼寧大学, 日本研究所, 副教授
劉 含発 吉林師範学院, 歴史学部, 講師
衣 保中 吉林師範学院, 古籍研究所, 教授
黄 定夫 黒龍江省社会科学院, 歴史研究所, 教授
梁 玉多 黒龍江省社会科学院, 歴史研究所, 講師
山室 信一 京都大学, 人文科学研究所, 助教授 (10114703)
森 久男 愛知大学, 経済学部, 教授 (00278219)
我部 政男 山梨学院大学, 法学部, 教授 (90045188)
井村 哲郎 アジア経済研究所, 地域研究部, 主任調査研究員
蘭 信三 京都大学, 留学生センター, 助教授 (30159503)
徐 明勲 ハルピン市民族宗教事務局, 副所長
歩 平 中国黒龍江省社会科学院, 副所長
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥34,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥34,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥12,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥9,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥12,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,600,000)
|Keywords||Reclaim Emigrants for Manchuria / Manchukuo / invasion / colonialism / responsibility for war / agricultural techniques / history of relations between China and Japan / history of relations between Korea and Japan / 満州移民 / 大東亜共栄圏 / 五族協和 / 残留孤児 / 在「満」朝鮮人 / 満洲国 / 北海道農法 / 植民地文学 / 農村更生運動|
The purpose of this research project is to revise the modern history of Japan from a new perspective by uncovering the actual condition of the Japanese Reclaim Emigrants for Manchuria. The output of this project is as follows :
1. A number of testimonies and the supporting facts on the condition of contact of Chinese peasants with Japanese emigrants, land expropriation and farming were obtained by means of interviews both with the holdovers of the Settlers in Shui-Chu-Liu and Chinese peasants, as well as other sorts of productive field studies in related farming villages.
2. Substantial clues for the unknown matters in the field of both the Japanese and Chinese history of agriculture including farming technology and employment conditions were gained.
3. The collaborative work with researchers from Korea and China made it much productive in gathering testimonies and data on Manchurian peasants of Korean descent and Korean peasants dispatched from the Korean Peninsula to Manchuria in the settlements of rice-producing districts.
4. The first full-scale research has been carried out to clarify the process or establishment and enforcement of the policy towards the Reclaim Emigrants for Manchuria, which contributed to placing the role or those in1volved in the policy into the whole history of thought.
5. The Reclaim Emigrants for Manchuria was explored on the cultural level as well as on political, economic, and agricultual level ; we examined literature, news-reporting, film, and music of those days that focused on it. This book brought it to light how this historical event had filtered into the sensitivity of the Japanese.
6. It should be acclaimed that the data including substantial recording tapes for interviews with holdovers of emigrants who decreasing in number would work as historical documents of value in the future study.