Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Muroran Institute of Technology|
TAZAWA Hiroshi Muroran Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40002109)
WARREN Burgg ネバダ大学, 生命科学部, 教授
AMOS Ar テルアビブ大学, 生命科学部, 教授
PEARSON James T. Muroran Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Associate, 工学部, 助手 (30261390)
BURGGREN Warren W. University of Nevada, Faculty of Life Sciences, Professor
AR Amos Tel Aviv University, Faculty of Life Sciences, Professor
BURGGREN War ネバダ大学, 生命科学部, 教授
AR Amos テルアビブ大学, 生命科学部, 教授
AR Ames テルアビブ大学, 生命科学部, 教授
SIMKISS Kenn リーディング大学, 動物微生物学部, 教授
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||Noninvasive determination / Ostrich eggs / Emu eggs / Embryonic hear rate / Allometric relation / Precocial and altricial birds / Developmental patterns / Eggshell gas conductance / 嘴打 / アコーストカ-ディオグラム / 鳥類卵 / ダチョウ牧場 / 心弾動 / 無侵襲計測|
1. Developmental patterns of embryonic heart rate (HR) in chickens were determined by impedance-cardiography during day 3-9 of incubation without impeding gas exchange through the eggshell. Additionally, responses of embryonic HR to 10% O_2 and 100% O_2 exponsoures were investigated. In contrast to the marked developmental changes in hypoxic sensitivity of HR,the HR showed little response to hyperoxia, suggesting no hypoxic drive to HR.
2. Developmental patterns of HR in ostrich embryos were determined noninvasively by acoustocardiogram (ACG) in relation to eggshell gas conductance (G) and egg mass. They were not related to egg mass. However, embryos of high G eggs had high HR compared with those of low and medium G eggs, despite that they were incubated in a high humidity incubator to maintain adequate water loss from the eggs. Additional experiments mad one year later elucidated that the incubator humidity affected the HR of embryos developming in high G eggs.
3. Developmental patterns of HR in emu embryos were also determined by ACG during the last 15 days of artificial incubation. The averaged pattern in 6 embryos was kept at about 170 bpm during the first 5 days of measurement and decreased to about 140 bpm during the remaining 10 days. The ACG could be detected during the assisted external pipping period.
4. The allometric relations of embryonic HR with fresh egg mass were determined in precocial (N=9) and altricial and semi-altricial birds (N=20) . The allometric relation of HR at 80% of incubation period in precocial birds was similar to that of maximum HR (i.e., internal or external HR) in altricial birds.
5. International symposium on cardiac rhythms in animals was held in Muroran Institute of Technology having 22 overseas participants including two collaborators (Prof. Ar and Prof. Burggren) to conclude and promote further the international scientific research.