Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||TOKYO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
YAGI Katsumichi TOKYO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,PHYSICS DEPARTMENT,PROFESSOR, 理学部, 教授 (90016072)
HORNVON Hoeg ハノーバー大学, 固体物理研究所, 助手
HENZLER M. HANNOVER UNIV., INST.S.S.PHYS., PROF., 固体物理研究所, 教授
HASEGWA Shuzi TOKYO UNIV., DEPT.PHYS., A.PROF., 大学院・理学系研究科, 助教授 (00228446)
INO Shozo UTSUNOMIYA UNIV.FACLGY OF ENG., PROF., 工学部, 教授 (70005867)
TANISHIRO Yasumasa TOKYO INST.TECH., PHYS.DEPT., RA, 理学部, 助手 (40143648)
HORN V.HOEGEN M. HANNOVER UNIV., INST.S.S.PHYS., RA
HORN von Hoe ハノーバー大学, 固体物理研究所, 助手
HENZLER M ハノーバー大学, 国体物理研究所, 教授
長尾 忠昭 東京大学, 大学院・理学系研究科, 助手 (40267456)
箕田 弘喜 東京工業大学, 理学部, 助手 (20240757)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥4,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥5,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
|Keywords||silicon surfaces / phase transition / adsorbate strcuctures / high index surfaces / SPA-LEED / REM / surface conductivity / facet plane / 表面超構造 / 高指数表面 / サーファクタント / 電子線回折 / 表面電子顕微鏡 / 走査トンネル顕微鏡|
1) REM study revealed successive Au adsorption induced structural phase transitions and adatom densities in the 1 x 1 pahse and facet formation on vicinal Si (111) surfaces.
2) Extensoion of above work fo the studies of facetting on  zone found various facet planes and their roughening phase transitions and their coverage dependences.
3) SPA-LEED and REM studies of Au adsorbed vicinal (001) surface were carried out as a cooperative research works and they revealed dynamics of facet formation
4) We revealed that effective charge of adatom Si on Si (111) surface can be reversed from positive to negative by adosrption of Au
5) ROO<21>x ROO<21> structures were commonly observed on Si (111) ROO<3>x ROO<3>Ag by deposition of small amounts of Ag, Au and Cu.
6) Standing waves on semiconductor surfaces were firstly observed by STM in case of Si (111) ROO<3>x ROO<3>Ag at 4K.
7) It was found that an incommensulate adsorbate structure formed by Pb adsroption on Si (111) transforms to 200K to a 7x ROO<3> structure.
8) Adatoms on quenched clean Si (111) surfaces have a reversible structural phase transition at around 230ﾟC between the c2x8 and disordered 1x1 strcutures.
9) C60 molecules showed epitaxial relations on metal adsorbed Si surfaces depending on the superlattices induced by metals.
10) Systematic studies were carried out by SPA-LEED for studies of formation of various types of defects in cases of various adsorption systems and epitaxy of CaF_2 were studied.
11) From a conductivity measurements at 4k for systems of Ag/Si (111) a metal-insulator transition at 2 mnolayr level was observed.