Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Section||Joint Research .|
|Research Institution||Tokyo Medical and Dental University|
KAMINO Kohtaro Tokyo Medical and Dental University, School of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (40025630)
廣田 秋彦 島根医科大学, 医学部, 教授 (50156717)
SAIZBERG Bri ペンシルバニア大学(米国), 医学部, 教授
COHEN Lawren エール大学(米国), 医学部, 教授
MOMOSE-SATO Yoko Tokyo Medical and Dental University, School of Medicine, Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (70251501)
SALZBERG Bri ペンシルバニア大学(米国), 医学部, 教授
SATO Katsushige Tokyo Medical and Dental University, School of Medicine, Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (80291342)
ソーツバージ ブライアン ペンシルバニア大学, 医学部(米国), 教授
コーエン ローレンスB. エール大学, 医学部・(米国), 教授
コーエン ローレンスB エール大学, 医学部(米国), 教授
COHEN Lawrence B. Yale University, School of Medicine, Professor
SALZBERG Brian M. University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Professor
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥13,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥4,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,300,000)
|Keywords||central nervous system / distributed system / optical recording / brainstem / spinal cord / Aplysia / enteric plexus / hypothalamus / 中枢神経系 / 分散システム / 光学計測 / 脳幹 / 脊髄 / アプリシア / 陽管神経叢 / 視床下部 / 腸管神経叢 / 神経系 / 分散処理システム / 光学的測定 / 脳幹神経核 / アプリシア神経節|
This project is aimed at revealing the basic mechanisms of the "distributive processing" in the nervous system, and is organized as the international collaboration of three research groups which have a common technique for optical recording of neuronal activities using voltage-sensitive dyes. From 1995 to 1997, following studies have been carried out.
1. K.Kamino's group :
(1) The ontogenic organization of spatiotemporal patterns of neuronal activities in the nuclei of the brainstem (nucleus tractus soritarii, dorsal motor nerve of the vagus nerve, and nucleus ambiguus) of the embryonic chick and rat were analyzed from the view point of "distributive processing".
(2) The functional organization of the spinal cord of the chick embryo was also studied. (This study was related that of L.B.Cohen's group.)
2. L.B.Cohen's group :
(1) The distributive processing mechanism in the abdominal ganglion of Aplysia was studied.
(2) The fining pattern of the motor neurons of the embryonic chick spinal cord was analyzed. (This study was related to that of K.Kamino's group as started above.)
(3) The spreading pattern and distributive processing of the neural information in the turtle visual cortex were studied.
3. B.M.Salzberg's group :
(1) Neuronal activities of the submucous plexus of guinea pig small intestine were recorded optically from several ganglia, and the inter-neuronal and inter-ganglionic distributive processing of neuronal information was analyzed.
(2) The distributive processing of excitation-secretion coupling of mouse hypothalamo-pituitary system was studied.