Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Kyushu Tokai University|
UCHIBORI Hiroshi Kyushu Tokai Univ., School of Agr.Professor, 農学部, 教授 (90261081)
THANUPON Nam メジョー大学, 農学部, 助教授
TIANGTRONG Anon Maejo Univ., Department of Agr, Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授
GIMA Toshihiko Kyushu Tokai Univ, school of Eng, Assistant Professor, 工学部, 講師 (10279383)
SUZUKI Yasuo Kyushu Tokai Univ., school of Eng, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (80187773)
TAKAGI Ichiro Kyushu Tokai Univ., school of Eng, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (90226746)
TANUPON Sunila Maejo Univ., Department of Agr, Associate Professor
TANUPON Namuchai Maejo Univ., Department of Agr, Associate Professor
NAMUCHAI Tha メジョー大学, 農学部, 助教授
AHNON Tiangt メジョー大学, 農学部, 助教授
THANUPON Sun メジョー大学, 農学部, 助教授
TIANTRONG Ah メジョー大学, 学長, 助教授
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||Northwest Thailand / Distribution network / Regional Economic / Rural Development / Middleman / Farmer's Cooperative / Marketing / Sustainability / タイ国北西部 / 工業団地 / 商業的作物 / カレン族 / 高原地域 / 市場 / 農家グループ / 農業共同組合 / 市場対応|
Since about 1770 year, Thai economy has rapidly developed in and around the capital, Bangkok, on the other hadn, the economic activity at rural area has declined. At hte same time, at the rural area there were a decrease in population, devastation of farming field and overspread pollution.
If Thailand wants to attain sustainable economic development, it should shift main economic activities to the rural area and put an emphasis on the growth of domestic market.
Our project team has researched the industrial structure and the distribution network in the Northwest Thailand and tried to construct theory of regional economic development.
1. The northern Thai villages consist of small families whose members are a married couple and their children.
2. The hill-tribe farming area near the northern border of Thailand is changing from farming gardens and producing poppies to producing vegetables. Fruits and flowers.
3. On the level land in the Northern Thailand, commercial product farming such as rongan and pepper has been developing. but the distribution system is totally controlled by middleman, since farmers do not have any bargaining power over middleman.
4. There are no organized marketing activities in the field of farm products and processed food.
5. The farmer's cooperatives have not developed enough, so that farmers do not have any power tp change the distribution structure.
6. The further research should be required to investigate three stages. i. e., production, distribution and consumption in order to develop this area efficiently.