Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Joining and Welding Research Institute|
MIYAKE Shoji Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University, 接合科学研究所, 教授 (40029286)
SAMANDI Masoud Department of Materials Engineering University of Wollongong, 材料工学科, 講師
DUNNE Druce Department of Materials Engineering University of Wollongong, 材料工学科, 教授
MURAKAWA Hidekazu Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University, 接合科学研究所, 助教授 (60166270)
SETSUHARA Yuichi Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University, 接合科学研究所, 助手 (80236108)
MAKINO Yukio Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University, 接合科学研究所, 助教授 (20089890)
IKEUCHI Kenji Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University, 接合科学研究所, 教授 (10030058)
MASOUD Saman ウォロンゴン大学, 材料工学科, 講師
DRUCE Dunne ウォロンゴン大学, 材料工学科, 教授
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
|Keywords||Electromagnetic Energy / Functional Materials / Ceramics Sintering / Heterogeneous Materials Joining / Materials Hybridization / Functional Gradation|
A series of this investigation has been performed as "University-to-University Cooperative Research" between Joining and Welding Research Institute, Osaka University (Japan) and Department of Materials Engineering, University of Wollongong (Australia) for studies on "Functional Materials Processing by Electromagnetic Heating".
1) Sintering of carbide ceramics TaC and HfC has been performed by inductively coupled rf plasma sintering method to obtain novel are electrodes for use in reactive gas at high temperature.
2) Millimeter-wave (28GHz) sinteting of silicon nitride and zirconia has been carried out to compare the sintering performance with that obtained by conventional thermal process. In both materials, accelerated densification of the samples has been observed, which resulted in the densification without appreciable grain growth.
3)Infrared spectroscopic measurements of the ceramics heated in the strong field of millimeter-wave radiation has been studied to develop a reliable method to measure the sample temperature as well as to measure dielectric properties.
4) Ion-solid interaction has been studied by ion beam assisted deposition of (Ti, Al) N.The effect of ion irradiation on the phase formation and the microstructure has been investigated using electron diffraction.
5) A finite-element-method has been developed to investigate the crack formation mechanism.
6) Two joint symposia between Osaka University and University of Wollongong were held to present and discuss the results of the cooperative research ; "Joint Symposium on Microwave and Plasma Processing of Materials" held in the University of wollongong in March 1996 and "International Symposium on Microwave, Plasma and Thermochemical Processing of Advanced Materials" held in Osaka University ih February 1997.