Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Kyushu Institute of Technology|
NISHI Michihiro Kyushu Institute of Tech., Mechanical Engng.Dept., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (80038588)
ASH Robert L. Old Dominion Univ., Professor, 工学部, 教授
UNO Mitsuo Kyushu Institute of Tech., Mechanical Engng.Dept., Res.Asso., 工学部, 助手 (60142353)
史 峰 九州工業大学, 工学部, 非常勤研究員
TSUKAMOTO Hiroshi Kyushu Institute of Tech., Mechanical Engng.Dept., Professor, 工学部, 教授 (50117305)
SHI Feng Kyushu Institute of Tech., Mechanical Engng.Dept., Res.Assoc.
ZHENG Z.C. 南アラバマ大学, 工学部, 助教授
WANG Xinming 九州工業大学, 工学部, 講師 (10264128)
ZHENG Zhangb オールドドミニオン大学, 工学部, 助教授
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Vortex Flow / Vortex Structure / Vortex Method / Longitudinal Vortex / Vortex Generator Jet / Spiral Vortex Core / Pressure Fluctuation / Flow Control / 翼端渦 / はく離渦|
In order to carify various facets of vortex theoretically and experimentally, three years research program entitled "Cooperative Study on the Mechanics of Vortex Flow" has been carried out successfully based on the idea to promote both a related individual study made by each of researchers engaging this program and cooperative studies made by the several researchers between Kyushu Institute of Technology and Old Dominion University. Major contributions for this fiscal year are as follows :
1. A collaborative study to clarify experimentally the behavior of longitudinal vortex generated by an inclined weak jet issued from the wall was made using a cirsular pipe and a 14 deg conical diffuser together with a three-dimensional hot-wire velocimeter. It is noted that the nonuniform decay of the vortices generated by the jets was predominant in the latter case. Further experiments show that the vortex generator jet (VGJ) method is effective to control the separation in a diffuser, and they provide the useful information on the various parameters for designing VGJ.
2. A longitudinal vortex generated by a jet in a pipe is also confirmed numerically in the results with coarse grids, though further refinement of the computation is desirable.
3. A quasi 3-D mathematical model for a spiral vortex core in an axisymmetric conduit was demonstrated to calculate both axial and peripheral components of velocity in the flow with swirl. Its usefulness is examined by the comparison between the experiment and the calculation.
4. A new measurement method for fluctuating wall-pressure has been developed by using pressure conductive rubber sheet. Further development will be expected by its application to various vortex flows.
5. Concerning the unsteady flow in a turbopump, it is shown that the reasonable prediction will be made by a numerical analysis based on the vortex method.