|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||HOKKAIDO UNIVERSITY|
KOMEDA Yoshibumi Hok.kaido Univ., Graduate School of Science , Prof, 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (10124215)
SATOH Shinobu Tsukuba Univ., Institute of Biological Sciences , Asso. Prof, 生物科学系, 助教授 (70196236)
NAGATO Yasuo Tokyo Univ., Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences , Prof, 大学院・農学生命科学研究科, 教授 (10143413)
ISHIGURO Sumie Kyoto Univ., Graduate School of Science , nst, 大学院・理学研究科, 助手 (50260039)
MIKMAMI Tetsuo Hokkaido Univ., Faculty of Agriculture , Prof., 農学部, 教授 (50133715)
TORIYAMA Kinya Tohoku Univ., Faculty of Agriculture , Asso. Prof., 大学院・農学研究科, 助教授 (20183882)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥311,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥311,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥73,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥73,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥77,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥77,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥74,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥74,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥86,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥86,900,000)
|Keywords||development of inflorescences / pollen / Y-chromosome / floral meristem / male sterile / de-differentiation / liverworts / pollen mother cells / ホメオティック突然変異 / 融合タンパク質 / 分脱化 / 雄雌不稔性 / 花序形成 / 器官形成遺伝子 / イネ花器官数 / アサ性染色体 / アブラナカルシウム結合タンパク質遺伝子 / テンサイ優性不稔 / タバコ脱分化|
We have studied the analyses of the development of sex-organes in order to analyze the reproductive systems of plants.
At first, DNA structures and functions of sex-chromosomes have been studies in hemp and liverworts as experimental materials. And then, genetic networks, regulations and interactions have been studied for the development of floral organes in monocots and dicots. The analyses have been extended to the study of pollens. The research in pollens included the genetic regulation of male-sterility, the pollen-maturation-genes, and de-differentiation of immature pollens.
In order to carry out the overall research project, individual research was collected and reviewed with each other. Thus, the project was developed as a whole.
Individual studies were summaried as follows.
1) The PDF1 gene responsible for the development of inflorescences has been analysed thoroughly.
2) The dadl and mam genes have been analyzed. This study analyzed the drought tolerance of pollens and the guidance of pollen-tube-growth.
3) The developmental mutants in rice have been studies. The mutants are responsible for the shape of ear, floral meristem, and regulation of the number of organes.
4) Y-chomosome in hemp is special sequence and is rich with retrotransposons.
5) The Brassica genes have been analyzed for pollen-specific Ca++-binding proteins and surface proteins of pollens.
6) The genes responsible for the male-sterility have been analyzed in beats.
7) Extensive study of expressed genes has been performed during the de-differentiation of tobacco pollens.
8) The Y-choromosome in liverworts has been extensively analyzed and shown that this region has repetitive DNA regions.
9) The lilly genes for cetromere-proteins and histone-like proteins have been analyzed.
10) The functions of meiosis-specific LIM genes in pollen-mother-cells of lilly have been studied and speculated.