The Research on the Shool Textbook System as Compilation, Issue, and Others in Japan
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||JAPAN TEXTBOOK RESEARCH CENTER|
NAKAMURA Kikuji Japan Textbook Research Center, Special Researcher, 特別研究員 (50250056)
HOSONO Jiro Japan Textbook Research Center, Special Researcher, 特別研究員 (50238755)
SATO Hideo Nihon University, College of Humanities and Sciences, Professor, 文理学部, 教授 (20000060)
SAKAMOTO Akira Chu-o Institute for Education Research, Research, 研究員 (00250027)
OKUDA Shinjo Kawamura Women's University, Depty President, 副学長 (00126377)
OYAMA Yukifusa Teikyo University of Science and Technology, Undergraduate School of Science and, 理工学部, 教授 (70223980)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Keywords||textbook / history of edcation by subjects / higher elementary school / copyright / bookmaking / illustrator / publication / typeface / 教育史 / 教科書発行者 / 教科書制度 / 国定教科書 / 検定教科書|
This study deals with textbooks used in compulsory ediucation. It mainly investigates fields which have not been discussed in conventional research on the history of textbooks.
1) The careers of writers and compilers of arithmetic (mathematies) and science textbooks in the pre-war and post-war period (from 1947 on) are investigated.
2) Before 1961 illustrations for textbooks of the Japanese language were drawn by artists who painted Western-style pictures, but thereafter were drawn by cartoonists and artists painting pictures for children.
3) The textbooks adopted by each prefecture during 1900 and 1901, their titles, publishers and the number of prefectures which adopted the textbooks are discussed, Publishers of textbooks for elementary and junior high schools since 1960, the total number of textbooks, the top 5 or top 10 best selling texts, and their marker shares are shown by type and the year adopted.
4) The copyrights, formats, styles and price changes are discussed.
5) The date that KOKUTEI KYOKASHO started to be used in each prefecture, revision procedures by the Ministry of Education when KOKUTEI KYOKASHO of morals and Japanese language textbooks at the third stage of review were partially corrected and causes of correction and their final form are discussed.
6) The number of publishers of textbooks after the war, amalgamation of the publishers and the transfer of their copyrights are discussed.
7) The puropses and contents of local versions of textbooks compiled by the Ministry of Education and textbooks comliled for and used by Japanese living abroad are discussed.
8) The number and contents of English textbooks used in higher elemetary schools, and the changing use of identical materials for textbooks of science are discussed.
Research Products (9results)