Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY|
SAITO Kimio Hiroshima Univ., Grad.School for Int.Dev.& Coop.Prof., 大学院・国際協力研究科, 教授 (50029279)
KAGEMOTO Hiroshi Univ.of Tokyo Grad.School for Engineering Prof., 大学院・工学系研究科部, 助教授 (40214275)
KOTERAYAMA Wataru Kyushu Univ., Research Inst.for Applied Mechn.Prof., 応用力学研究所, 教授 (80038562)
TAKASE Satoru Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Engineering Assis.Prof., 工学部, 講師 (10253105)
TAKAKI Mikio Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Engineering Prof., 工学部, 教授 (00038556)
NOBUKAWA Hisashi Hiroshima Univ., Faculty of Engineering Prof., 工学部, 教授 (60034344)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥3,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,600,000)
|Keywords||Huge Ocean Structure / Optimization / Optimun Hull Form / Wave Exciting Force / Motions in Waves|
In order to study on "Optimization of Huge Ocean Structuer through the Choice of Hull Forms and Mooring in Waves", the following research items have been done during the term of this project :
1) Survey of the optimization method
2) Optimization method for the minimum wave exciting forces on a two-dimensional shape of a ocean structure
3) Optimization method for the minimum wave exciting forces on a 2-lower hull type ocean structure
4) Optimization method for the minimum wave exciting forces on a column supported type ocean structure
5) Optimization method for the minimum wave forces on a lower hull type ocean structure
From this study the following results have been obtained :
1) For the elements of huge ocean structure, an optimal shape with minimum wave exciting forces is obtained by use of a present optimization method.
2) Same discussion is applied to obtain an optimal shape with minimum transmission coefficients.
3) For a overall huge ocean structure is concerned, the wave exciting forces as a measure of merit are to be simplified for the practical calculations. Therefore, in this study, the wave exciting forces are formulated excluding the so called diffraction force due to waves.
4) However, the model experiments by use of elements of huge ocean structure showed that the wave period for minimum wave exciting force was different between calculations and experiments. In order to improve this, further study will be carried out.