Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY|
HOZAWA Mitsunori INST.FOR CHEMICAL REACTION SCIENCE,TOHOKU UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 反応化学研究所, 教授 (70005338)
HARADA Makoto KYOTO UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 原子エネルギー研究所, 教授 (90027128)
NAKASHIO Fumiyuki KYUSHU UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 工学部, 教授 (70037729)
EGASHIRA Ryuichi TOKYO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, 理工学国際交流センター, 教授 (90213529)
TERAMOTO Masaaki KYOTO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,PROFESSOR, 工芸学部, 教授 (60026086)
HANO Tadashi Faculty of Engineering, OITA UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 工学部, 教授 (80038067)
古崎 新太郎 東京大学, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (40011209)
駒沢 勲 大阪大学, 基礎工学部, 教授 (40029476)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
|Keywords||PROTEIN / LIQUID MEMBRANE / BIOSEPARATION / MICROEMULSION / REVERSED MICELL / EXTRACTION / ANTIBIOTIC / SURFACTANT / 液膜|
The following results were obtained this year.
(1) For the establishment of novel desalination system, the apparatus using an emulsion liquid membrane system were developed, and their characteristics were investigated experimentally.
(2) The behaviors of forward and backward extractions which are essential to the separation of organic acid and antibiotic using a liquid membrane system were experimentally and theoretically investigated for the extractions of cephalexin by D2EHPA and lactic acid by TOMAC.
(3) For the separation of a polyunsaturated fatty acid ester using a liquid membrane containing silver nitrate, the possibility of uphill transport of the solute using the temperature gradient as a driving force was demonstrated. It was found that several hydrophilic membranes prepared are effective as a supported liquid membrane containing an aqueous solution.
(4) The partitioning behavior of erythromycin between the aqueous and organic phases and the transport mechanism through the suppor
ted liquid membRane were clarified. The method to improve the concentration rate of erythromycin was proposed.
(5) It was found that a novel reversed micellar solution prepared can recognize the higher-order structure of an active protein and is effective field for the refolding of a protein.
(6) It was found that the incorporation of a functional molucule in a reversed micell formed by a nonionic surfactant can provide the selective separation of a protein and a functional reaction field without denaturation of enzymes.
(7) The important factors affecting the interaction between the ribosome and denatured protein were experimentally investigated, and it was found that the ribosome induces the chaperonin function controlling the membrane characteristics.
(8) The forward and backward extraction behaviors of lysozyme by a novel reversed micellar system were investigated, and the effects of AOT concentration in the organic phase and pH and KCI concentration in the aqueous phase were clarified. Also, the stable operational characteristic of the continuous extraction of lysozyme with a rotating disccontactor was shown.
(9) The effects of AOT concentration, temperature and the addition of alcohol on the forward and backward extraction rates of lysozyme by AOT/isooctane reversed micells were clarified. The results of rapid separation and concentration using the stirred cell suggested the possibility of the practical applications.
(10) The application of liquid membrane system based on the carrier-assisted transpot to bio-separation process was investigated for the transport of lysine by D2EHPA and lysozyme by AOT/isooctane reversed micells. As a result, it was found that the backward extraction rate decreases with time and the substrates accumulate in the liquid membrane. Less