Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Irrigation, drainage and rural engineering/Rural planning
|Research Institution||Shinshu University|
MATSUDA Matsuji Shinshu University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (70035971)
HOSHIKAWA Kazutoshi Shinshu University, Faculty of Agriculture, Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授 (40115374)
吉田 利男 信州大学, 農学部, 教授 (20021214)
TUCHIDA Katuyosi Shinshu University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (70089093)
ITOH Seigo Shinshu University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (50021092)
KIMURA Kazuhiro Shinshu University, Faculty of Agriculture, Associate Professor, 農学部, 教授 (40021092)
SASAKI Kunihiro Shinshu University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor (10178642)
鈴木 純 信州大学, 農学部, 助手 (40262696)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,400,000)
|Keywords||land use / landscape / river terrace / rural environment / slope forest / Tenryugawa R. / 地方都市 / 農業集落 / 気温逆転層|
The formation of terraces around the Tenryugawa R.is one of the famous landscapes in Japan. The belt of forest in the slopes gives a unique landscape of Ina valley and the spring water emerging from the slope of the terraces has prospered the life and uplifted the production of the dwellers. But recently, the landscape is gradually altering. Forests are splitting with the development of other land-use and implementation of structural constructions. As a result, the amount of spring water is lowering and changing, and the changes in the tree species occurring. A team consists of the scientists of Shinshu Univ.has carried out a research on the angles of these speciality ; Hydrology, Rural Engineering, Meteorology, Botany, Landscape Architecture and other sciences. Their results are summarized as follows.
1) Though most of the forests are situated in the private lands and relation between forest production and life style of the people is weakninig at present thus the forests are abandoned.
2) Many of the citizens deeply concern on the conservation of landscape and forest.
3) The growth and habitat of vegetation and insects have been examined.
4) On investigating characteristics of hedges found in Ina valley and down streams of Tenryugawa R., it was observed that, the hedges of Ina valley differed significantly with the hedges of down streams of Tenryugawa R.correspond to its environment and climate.
5) The influence of deforestatin on soil texture were examined under the soil microbes activities.
6) Wind system, thermal conditiona and soil hydrological condition in In valley and its surrounding mountain area have beeen understood.
7) The characteristics of spring water that emerge on the slopes of the terraces have been exposed.
It is inevitable to find a solution to preserve forests, spring water and secure surrounding environments for prosper life style of the people.