An investgation of development of self-determination in children
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||TSUKUBA UNIVERSITY|
ARAI Kunijiro TSUKUBA UNIVERSITY,Psychology, Professor, 心理学系, 教授 (60015914)
YAJIMA Hirohito TOKYO SEITOKU UNIVERSITY,Humanites, Lecturer, 人文学部, 講師 (20282311)
FUJIU Hideyuki TSUKUBA UNIVERSITY,Psychology, Associate Professor, 心理学系, 助教授 (40251003)
WATANABE Yayoi SIZUOKA UNIVERSITY,Education, Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (00210956)
SUGIHARA Kazuaki TSUKUBA UNIVERSITY,Psychology, Professor, 心理学系, 教授 (30017777)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
|Keywords||self-determination / development of self-determination / self-determination experience / self-determination scale / moral judgment / motivation for learning / social / individual orientation / other-determination / 個性化志向性 / 意欲 / 自我関与感 / 自己責任感 / 興味・関心 / 自己決定権 / 学習動機 / 個人・社会志向性 / 社会的ルール判断 / 国際比較 / 子ども / 自己決定行動 / 自己決定意識 / 自頼感 / 学校生活充実感 / 道徳領域判断 / 小・中学生 / 高校生|
This paper investigated the development of self-determination in elementary school children, junior high school pupils and senior high school pupils. The areas of self-determination experience investigatedwere waking up alone, buying clothes and socks, initiating homework, determining contents and time of homework, cram school attendance, selecting clubs in school, determining class duties, doing chores, spending monthly allowance and New Year's money, deciding hairstyle, continuing on to senior high school, and choosing an occupation, etc..
The main results were were as follows.
(1) Almost all the children in the Tokyo metropolitan area showed a low level of self-deter mination.
(2) Almost all the children all over Japan showed a low level of self-determination also.
(3) Children showed higher approval of their self-determination than did their parents.
(4) Children and parents in Japan and Korea did not show different behavior and opinions concerning self-determination.
(5) Scales of behavior and consciousness of self-determination in children were constructed, and the reliability and validity of the scales were confirmed.
(6) There was a close correlation between development of self-determination and development of moral judgment.
(7) There was a close correlation between development of self-determination and development of motivation for learning.
(8) There was a closer correlation between development of self-determination and individual orientation than social orientation.
(9) While self-determination positively affected activity motivation, interest, self involvement, self responsibility, self confidence, and devising and striving of children, other-determination negatively affected them.
Research Products (9results)