Occlusal Abnormality and Atheletic Ability of Sport.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||AICHI-GAKUIN UNIVERSITY|
MIYAJIMA Kuniaki(1996-1997) AICHI-GAKUIN UNIVERSITY,School of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics, Associate Professor, 歯学部・歯科矯正学, 助教授 (60183638)
飯塚 哲夫(1995) 愛知学院大学, 歯学部・歯科矯正学, 教授 (30064778)
松井 秀治 (財)スポーツ医, 科学研究所, 所長
NAKAMURA Shoji AICHI-GAKUIN UNIVERSITY,School of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics, Assistan, 歯学部・歯科矯正学, 講師 (80175504)
MATSUI Hideharu Institute of Sport Medicine & Science, Chief
村田 悟 (財)スポーツ医, 科学研究所, 助手 (10241142)
不破 祐司 (財)スポーツ医, 科学研究所, 講師 (80183599)
宮島 邦彰 愛知学院大学, 歯学部, 助教授 (60183638)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,200,000)
|Keywords||sports / cyclists / occlusal abnormality / lactic power / bio-sectional splint / muscle rapid power / non-lactic power / muscle endurance / 体力 / 全身運動能 / スポーツ競技 / 全身症状 / Eゾーン / 無酸素性能力 / スポーツ運動能 / スプリント|
Importance of occlusion has been emphasized in sports athletetics. However, very few research has performed regarding the relationship between physical ability and abnormal occlusion. Bio-sectional splints (BS splints) were used to improve abnormal occlusion for professional cycling athletes. Physical power can be expressed directly in cyclist's performance among many athletic sports, so that their physical power is very important to achieve good athletic results.
Experimental subjects : Professional cyclists who had abnormal occlusion.
Examination items : non-lactic power, lactic power (sastaining power), lactic value in blood, static and dynamic muscle power, facial morphological analysis, temporo-mandibular joint analysis, occlusal abnormality
1. BS splints were placed for professional cyclists who had abnormal occlusion to improve it.
2. Non-lactic (muscle rapid power) and lactic power (muscle endurance) were increased
3. Knee bending power was increased on dynamic muscle measurent. Static muscle power (back muscle) was also increased.
4. Therefore, occlusal abnormality may be related to sports (physical) ability and may be one of the factors which inhibit the potential athletic ability.
5. Improvement of occlusal abnormality changed general (systemic) condition such as stress causing headache, fatigue as well as increased physical power. Starting power and pedalling power during cycling race, and concentration and endurance were improved.
Number of subjects should be increased. Not only cyclists but also other various sports should be examined to find relationship between occlusal abnormality and their results.
Research Products (8results)