|Budget Amount *help
¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
Electro-chemical reduction of Nitrate in underground water and regeration waste water of Ion-exchange resin were investigated in this research.
Research results may be summarized as follows.
(1) Concentration of Cl^-, NO_3^-, SO_4^<2-> in regeration waste water of anion^- exchange resin (IRA-400) was in the order of g/l.
(2) Although the change in concentration of SO_4^<2->, CO_3^<2-> was not found, NO_3^- was reducted only in the camber of cathode, and produced NO_2^-, NH_4^+, N_2, NO,NH_3
(3) Cl^- was oxidized in the anode, and produced Cl_2 and HC10
(4) It was found that main part of gas prodused in cahode was H_2, and O_2 in anode
(5) It was found that reduction rate was proportional to the applied electric current, electrolysis time and electric power, however, it has reached to the maximum at around 5A,90 min and 50 Wh. Therefore, it was estimated that electriccurrent and electrolysis time should be set to 4-5A and 60 min from the viewpoint of reduction efficiency.