A Study on Water Purification for Ocean Environments and Ocean Space Utilization Systems
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY|
SAITO Kimio Hiroshima Univ.Grad.School For Int.Dev.& Coop.Prof., 大学院・国際協力研究科, 教授 (50029279)
SAWADA Mamoru Japan Poct Consult.Ltd., Kobe Office, Vice Director, 神戸事務所, 次長
OTSUKA Kouji Unv.of Osaka Prefecture, Faculty of Eng.Assistant, 工学部, 助手 (90213769)
HIGO Yasushi Hiroshima Univ.Faculty of Engineering Assoc.Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (20156582)
TAKAKI Mikio Hiroshima Univ.Faculty of Engineering Prof., 工学部, 教授 (00038556)
KOBUKAWA Hisashi Hirosima Univ.Faculty of Engineering Prof., 工学部, 教授 (60034344)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
|Keywords||Artificial Lagoon (Permeable Bank) / Floating Structure / System for Ocean Sapce Utilization / Water Purification for Ocean Environments|
In order to study on "Water Purification for Ocean Environments and Ocean Space Utilization Systems", the following research items have been done during the term of this project :
1) Survey of the function and utilization of the artificial lagoon
2) Study on the combined system with the artificial lagoon and floating structure for ocean space utilization
3) Basic study on water purification by an artificial lagoon
From this study the following results have been obtained :
1) In the design of the artificial lagoon (permeable bank), the function of (1) breaking water (2) aeration due to waves (3) catalytic oxidation due to movement of waters, is important.
2) An artificial lagoon has a lot of benefit and most of the probems relating to the single use of ocean structure for ocean space utillization will be solved. The combined system with an artificial lagoon and floating structure for ocean space utilization has an advantage in terms of the construction costs and the term of construction when it is compared with that of a reclamation island.
3) The results of field measurements of the environmental conditions show that (1) significant wave height in the lagoon decreases to about 10% of that of the outside and the high-frequency components of waves are also eliminated due to the rubble-mound breakwater (2) wave height in the lagoon can be estimated by using the results of model test for bank effect (3) SS (suspended solid) is effectively removed in the lagoon (4) purification effect is strongly depend on the season of the year.
4) In order to evaluate the water purification function of artificial lagoon quantitatively, the establishment of the mathematical model using ecosystem of artificial lagoon is necessary.
Research Products (22results)