Studies on the development and utilization of weed control malerials made from sludges issued from water purification process and their absorbing capacity of pollutant air
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
Plant nutrition/Soil science
|Research Institution||Nagoya University|
YOSHIDA Shigekata Nagoya University, Agricultural Science, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (20023450)
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
|Keywords||Sludge / Pelleting / Weed control / Wettability / Allelopathy / Morishima-accasia / Coffee residue / Nitrogen dioxide / 浄水ケーキ / 造粒 / 雑草防除 / 溌水性 / アレロパシ / モリシマアカシア / コーヒー粕 / 二酸化窒素 / アレロパシー / モミガラ|
The sludge issued from water purification process in water filtration plant has been classified as industrial waste and generally disposed into hollow as the material for reclamation by filling up. However, the sludge is mainly compsed of mineral soil materials as clay and organic matters as microoganisms which were floated in river water. Looking at sludge from a different angle, it can regurd as useful soil resource.
From the viewpoint of recycle, some part of the sludge have been tried to use as a marerial of bed soil for plant seedings.
This study was conducted to make and utilize the weed control material with the capacity absorbing acid pollutant air from the sludge. The results obtained were as follows.
1. Weed control material (WCM) was manifuctured by pelleting wet sludge to 3mm in diameter, and dried up. The WCM gained low wettability and high water premeability. When the soil surface was covered with the WCM,the upper layr of the WCM was maintained to dry for long period becaus
e of low wettability and high water permeability. Such characteristics were considered to be effective as the WCM.
2. The depressing capacity of WCM to the emergence of weed from soil was largely enhanced by mixing of plant power having allelopathic activities with the sludge in the manifucturing process of the WCM,and the power of coffee residue, hask and morishima-accasia leaves was found to be useful plant materials.
3. The efficiency of the WCM was higher for non-graminous plants than for graminous ones. Beside, the WCM was also strongly inhibited the emergence from weed seed flied onto soil surface.
4. The emergence of perennial plants was sufficiently restricted by the combination, treatment of the WCM and decomposable plastic film.
5. The WCM showed the capacity to absorb the acid pollutant air as NO_x and SO_x.
6. From this study, the manifucture of WCM from the sludge was considered to be one of the important ulilization method for recycle of water waste issued from water purification plant. Less
Research Output (28results)