RUSSELL John Gordon Faculty of General Education, Gifu University Associate Professor, 教養部, 助教授 (90262740)
TAKEUCHI Akiro Faculty of General Education, Gifu University Associate Professor, 教養部, 助教授 (60216843)
TUDA Maso Faculty of General Education, Gifu University Professor, 教養部, 教授 (10144099)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
1) We reconsidered the issue of antiblack and antisemitic prejudice and discrimination from the standpoint of the present state of commodity culture and mass media in the age of multi-culturalism, and reviewed ways to overcome discrimination.
2) We analyzed the recent trend toward historical revisionism and the revival of myths about the war in both the United States and Japan, discussed how both countries display a heightened consciousness of their own victimization while abandoning their responsibility as victimizers, and maintained that without a demand for historical facts concerning the war, social equity would be difficult to achieve.
3) Taking as our foundation the relation between critiques of religion and the state in the context of the intellectual history of the early Showa Period, we examined theories of the state, climatic theory, and religion in the works of Yanagida Kunio, Miki Kiyoshi and Watsuji Tetsuro, consequently enhancing the effectiveness of our inquiry into popular attitudes toward social equity which we initiated the previous year.
4) While comparing the social philosophies of liberalism, communitarism, and libertarianism, we reviewed the concept of equality, examined the concepts of opportunity, resources, ability, utility and their relation to the concept of equality, and advanced a new concept of social equity.
5) We examined issues of infanticide, fetal life, women's rights and discrimination in the field of bioethics and theories of consensus formation, and, as a solution to quality of life issues, advanced a new concept of social equity.