A Research on Girls' Middle School dering Japanese Period
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Wayo Wemen's University|
YAMAMOTO Reiko Department of Literature-Domestic Economy, Wayo Wemen's University, Professor, 文家政学部, 教授 (20150625)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||girls' middle school / questionnaire / interview / students'movement / comparative study / Japanese Period / 植民地時代 / 高等女学校 / 韓国女子教育史 / 植民地時代の女子教育|
A preliminary Research on Girls' Middle school : In the Case of Korea During Japanese Period
1. I visited and conducted interviewed at Ewha Girls' High School, Kyongi Girls' High School and Maizuru Gril's High School in March and September 1996.
2. I have gotten school history books from every school. After having made Kyongi's and Ewha's school history books translated from Korean into Japanese, I analyzed their contents.
From Kyongi's school history book, I have learned the history of hardship under the Japanese occupation. Ewha's school book contains "official" as well as "Inside" history, and the latter part of the book tells us true voices and footsteps of teachers and students.
3. I conducted a prelimlnary research for questionnaires to students graduated from Kyongi and Maizuru. A follow-up and detailed research is necessary in the near future.
4. On 13 September 1996, I interviewed with seven former Ewha students who graduated in 1931. They took part in students' movements, which originally began in Kosyu in 1929. They told me their mental pains from the incident, which made me realized how deeply Korean people were damaged by Japanese colonial education.
5. These seven former Ewha students agreed to answer my questionnaires.
6. In order to grasp the general picture and conditions in which students from the girls' schools in Korea, I need to make intervlews and take questionnaires for those who graduated in different years and from different schools.
7. A comparative study between Korean and Taiwanese cases will be necessary for the future.
Research Output (17results)