RESEARCH OF THE HOLOWING LOCAL ECONOMY ACCOMPANIED WITH THE GLOBALIZATION OF JAPANESE AUTO COMPANIES
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||YAMAGUCHI UNIVERSITY|
FUJIWARA Sadao YAMAGUCHI UNIV., ECONOMICS DEPT.PROFESSOR, 経済学部, 教授 (10034878)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||globalization / automobile / multinational / fireign operation / hollowing economy / areal economy / subcontracting / international division of labor / 多国籍化 / 日産自動車 / 三菱自動車 / 座間 / 水島 / 海外調達 / トヨタ / ホンダ|
1. The hollow of the local economy is the phenomena that the hollow of the specific leading industry accumulated to the domestic local area leads to the unemployment of the residents, decrease of pupolation, decline of buying power, weakness of economy and society in that area.
2. Generally, the local area economies where main auto plants are operating have not been hollowed, because Japanese auto industry keeps the strong position enough to compete in international market.
3. The local areas where auto related sub-contracting companies have not built, for example Miyata-cho in Fukuoka prefecture, Ryuo-cho in Shiga prefecture and Hofu-shi in Yamaguchi prefecture do not hollow, because localeconomies have weak relations to the local parent assembling factories.
4. The hollowing phenomena do not seen in the local economies accumulated auto assembling factories in Kanto district, because the factories are buying the parts and materials - not from local area but from all Kanto districts and partially from Tohoku district.
5. The influence of various economic factors to the local area economy are often complicated but it is the influence of the depression after bursting the bubble more strong than that of the globaliza-tion of the auto companies in 1990s.
6. The prefectural governments are making effort to prevent their local area economy from to hollow but city or town governments which are anxious about the evacuation of the big plants to have the whip hand on their economy have not any measures to do so.
7. It has been useful to prevent the local area economy from to hollow that both labor and management of auto industry are very conscious to keep employment. Now the stiff competition at the world automobile market is making void the industrial relation to protect their economy.
Research Output (19results)