Hydrodynamical study of the rotating turbulence dominant in the oceanic currents around Japan-islands-Chain
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Science University of Tokyo|
NISHIMURA Tsukasa Science University of Tokyo, Department of Science and Technology, professor, 理工学部 (40103064)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||oceanic turbulence / rotating turbulence / Kuroshio / coherent structure / inverse cascade process / interlocking process / NOAA / AVHRR / SeaMark method / HRPT直接受信 / 日本列島周辺海洋乱流場 / 逆カスケード過程 / 海底地形 / 流れの可視化 / 瞬間乱流場計測 / 海洋乱流場 / 回転系乱流場 / インターロッキング過程|
The results obtained in the research period are summarized as follows.
(1) The oceanic turbulence around Japan-Islands-Chain was monitored by the direct capturing NOAA/AVHRR data through the high resolution HRPT mode. Based on the data, some phenomonology was obtained on the inverse cascade process of oceanic turbulence and on the interlocking process.
(2) Applying the SeaMark method to the NOAA/HRPT data, an instantaneous turbulence measurement was conducted to quantitatively describe the turbulence phenomena.
(3) The data and resulta obtained by the satellite monitoring were archived as the enhanced satellite images, sea surface velocity vector distribution map, sea surface vorticity distribution map and as the other kinds of thematic maps.
(4) By the hydrodynamical model test on a rotating system and by the numerical experiment, some turbulence processes were simulated in the laboratory ; i.e.the eddy shedding mechanism of the cusped capes, the inverse cascade process of turbulence, the interlocking process of the coherent structure due to the seabed topography, etc.
(5) The results were opened electronically through the internet.
(6) The results were published as the report titled "The Coherent Structure inside the Oceanic Turbulence around Japan-Islands-Chain".
Research Output (7results)