|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
The environmental-friendliness of paper diaper and garbage disposer was examined.
1) The prooduction of paper diaper is increasing linearly upto 7.7 billion sheets in 1996, especially diaper for adults is increasing more than for babies.
2) The weight of paper diaper after use is 150-180g, and the weight of excreta is 101-131g.
3) Textile diaper is cheaper than paper diaper if the wages of mother are neglected. It means that textile diiaper seems to be partly used by the economical reason.
4) The discharge of pullutant load from textile diaper washing for a baby of 0.8-1.8 years old was TN 3.4g/cap/d, TP 0.218g/cap/d including feces.
5) The environmental load of paper diaper was larger for material consumption and the amount of wastes and less for energy and water consumption, pollutant load to water and air pollution comparing with textile diaper.
1) The use of disposer is forbidden or guided to be self-controled by the administration, and the production of disposer is hardly found domestically.
2) Electric power consumption is 0.02kwh/cap/day.
3) The pollutant load of garbage was amount 302g, CODcr 51g, N 1.3g, P 0.15g including orange peerings and 200,37,0.9,0.12g/capita/day excluding them respectively.
4) The system introducing disposer is more expensive by 20% and environmental load of air pollution is lower for air pollution and higher for water pollution, comparing with the present system.
As huge amount of data collection is necessary to complete LCA,the reliability of the value presented should be cheked carefully. The LCA for a certain product might be indipensable to the help of organized power and the corperation of enterprizes.
The related matter to the thermal recycle of RDF and power generation by solid waste incineration should be further studied.