EFFECTS OF STRESS ON AGING IN SENESCENCE ACCELERATED MOUSE (SAMP8/Ya)
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KOSHIEN UNIVERSITY|
YAGI Noriko FACULTY OF NUTRITION,KOSHIEN UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 栄養学部, 助教授 (00140385)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||STRESS / AGING / LEARNING and MEMORY / 拘束ストレス / 脂肪肝 / 強制運動|
Senescence Accelerated Mouse (SAM) was developed by takeda et al.at Kyoto University. We have continued to breed SAMP8 at Koshien University (SAMP8//Ya) since 1989.
In SAMP series, SAMP8 mice are known to shown age-related deterioration in learing and memory in passive and active avoidance performance besids acceleration of senescence.
We have attempted to clarify the effects of immobilization stress on aging and deterioration of learning and memory in SAMP8//Ya. SAMP8//Ya mice were separated 4 groups ; 1st group was given the stress for 30 minute (stress 30), 2nd group for 60 minute (stress 60), 3rd group for 90 minute (stress 90) and 4th group was non-stress.
The body weight, aging score, latency in passive avoidance test, total activity in a day and life-span were measured inthe experiment.
The results are followings ;
1. Body weight of SAMP8 mice decreased chronologically from begining of stress tests.
2. The aging scores were higher and the average life-span was shorter in stress groups.
3. Stomach ulcer and fatty liver occurred more frequently in stress groups than in non-stress group.
4. Stress improved to some degrees the deterioration in learning and memory ability in SAMP8.
5. The above results of 1-4 were affected by degrees of stress, not by the duration of stress given.
Research Products (3results)