Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
Respiratory organ internal medicine
|Research Institution||Kanazawa University|
FUJIMURA Masaki Kanazawa University School of Medicine, The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Assistant Professor., 医学部・附属病院, 講師 (90190066)
YASUI Masahide Kanazawa University School of Medicine, The Third Department of Internal Medicin, 医学部・附属病院, 助手 (60239746)
KASAHARA Kazuo Kanazawa University School of Medicine, The Third Department of Internal Medicin, 医学部・附属病院, 助手 (30272967)
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
|Keywords||Specific bronchial hyperresponsiveness / Alcohol-induced asthma / ultrasonically nebulized distillled water / beta-blockers / Autonomic nerve system / Neuropeptides / Lipid mediators / Guinea pigs / 特異的気道過敏性 / アルコール誘発喘息 / 交感神経遮断薬 / 蒸留水 / 自律神経 / ニューロペプチド / 脂質メディエーター / モルモット / アルコール誘発気道収縮 / 交感神経遮断薬誘発気管支収縮 / 蒸留水吸入誘発気管支収縮 / 即時型アレルギー反応 / トロンボキサンA_2 / ロイコトリエン / 血小板活性化因子 / ヒスタミン / トロンボキサンA2|
1. Alcohol-induced bronchoconstriction in guinea pigs
(1) Acetaldehyde, a metabolite of ethanol, causes bronchoconstriction but ethanol does not.
(2) The acetaldehyde-induced bronchoconstriction is mediated via histamine release.
(3) A low dose of acetaldehyde, which does not cause bronchoconstriction, enhances non-specific bronchial responsiveness.
(4) Thromboxane A2 is involved in the acetaldehyde-induced non-specific bronchial hyperresponsiveness.
2. A guinea big model of propranolol-induced bronchoconstriction and the role of autonomic nerve system, chemical mediators and neuropeptides
(1) An inhalation of propranolo causes bronchoconstriction when it is inhaled 20 minutes after an aerosolized antigen provocation in passively sensitized guinea pigs.
This is the first animal model or propranolol-induced bronchoconstriction.
(2) Parasympathctic or alpha-adrenergic nerve activity is not involved in this response.
(3) Ncuropeptides such as substance P and neurokinin A do not take a part in this
(4) Lipid mediators, especially thromboxane A2, have an important role in this response.
3. A guinea-pig model of untrasonically nebulized distillled water (UNDW) -induced bronchoconstriction and the role of autonomic nerve system, chemical mediators and neuropeptides
(1) An inhalation of UNDW produces acute bronchoconstriction when it is inhaled 20 mimutes after an aerosolized antigen provocation in passively sensitized guinea pigs.
This is the first animal model of UNDW-induced bronchoconstriction.
(2) Parasympathetic nerve activity is not involved in this response.
(3) Histamine and substance P,but not neurokinin A,take a large part in this response.
(4) Thromboxane A2 does not have a role in this response.
Form these results, it is suggested that allergic airway response, or allergic airway inflammatory process, is important in development of specific bronchial responsiveness. Furthermore, the mechanism of specific bronchial hyperresponsiveness may be different each other, suggesting heterogeneity of contributing factors between several specific bronchial hyperresponsiveness in asthma. Less